Stacy Walls !!

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Not sure if any of you are able to catch the Washington County/Lagrange AAA Semi Final game.. but there is a kid named Stacy Walls who has owned this game so far...

He runs a 4.4 forty... 3.5 GPA.. squats 450 pounds.. plays both Defense and Offense and has just returned a 97 yard kickoff return for touchdown.. and for you stars people.. he is a "two star".. .. yeah right.. all I can say is give me 25 "two stars" just like him then..

From Rivals:
Bio Notes: Walls' is speedy return man who scored five touchdowns off of punt returns as a junior. He also plays safety and running back and had eight interceptions in 2002.

Now the good news.. he is HIGH on Georgia Tech.. but we have not made an offer.. (BYU as offered).. other notables on his list, Georgia, NC State, and Clemson

Send emails to Gailey urging him to get this guy.. he looks really special..

I agree. Gailey needs to take a strong looks at Stacy Walls. I saw his return just a few minutes ago and he turned on the jets and ran away from people.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Not sure if any of you are able to catch the Washington County/Lagrange AAA Semi Final game.. but there is a kid named Stacy Walls who has owned this game so far...

He runs a 4.4 forty... 3.5 GPA.. squats 450 pounds.. plays both Defense and Offense and has just returned a 97 yard kickoff return for touchdown.. and for you stars people.. he is a "two star".. .. yeah right.. all I can say is give me 25 "two stars" just like him then..

From Rivals:
Bio Notes: Walls' is speedy return man who scored five touchdowns off of punt returns as a junior. He also plays safety and running back and had eight interceptions in 2002.

Now the good news.. he is HIGH on Georgia Tech.. but we have not made an offer.. (BYU as offered).. other notables on his list, Georgia, NC State, and Clemson

Send emails to Gailey urging him to get this guy.. he looks really special..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The offensive star of the game. Question... why has'nt Coach Gailey offered this guy a scholarship.

do you know what his SAT's are?

a 3.5 in Georgia with INFLATED HOPE #'s does not mean he has the sat's. I would find that fact out first before questioning where is the offer

I know the kid, though I haven't talked to him in years. He played rec baseball and basketball with my son growing up. He's not very big but is quick as lightening...

But I thought we were only supposed to recruit 4 and 5 star players? Or is that just if they aren't from GA? So let me get this right, if somebody on this board sees him play and thinks he's good, that trumps the star system, right? Because we're all experts. And if he's from GA that does too? Do I have it right now?

Seriously. I don't know if the kid can play or not or if he has the grades or interests for Tech. If he wants to come, and the staff can see a place for him and he can get in, I hope he ends up a Jacket. It's just hilarious to watch the back and forth of all the "experts" around here.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
But I thought we were only supposed to recruit 4 and 5 star players? Or is that just if they aren't from GA? So let me get this right, if somebody on this board sees him play and thinks he's good, that trumps the star system, right? Because we're all experts. And if he's from GA that does too? Do I have it right now?

Seriously. I don't know if the kid can play or not or if he has the grades or interests for Tech. If he wants to come, and the staff can see a place for him and he can get in, I hope he ends up a Jacket. It's just hilarious to watch the back and forth of all the "experts" around here.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">N.C. Jacket: I am not sure if you saw the game or not. But there was little doubt of his ability and in a losing cause no less. He also is in a program that is producing Div. 1A and NFL players such as Robert Edwards and Takeo Spikes.

Are we recruiting him? He is not listed as a prospect for Tech (or Georgia). Also, I have not seen his name on insiders or rivals so I don't know his story at all. But he really stood out.

But let me add all these lists must be dated (with the exception of the committment list) because the AJC had him noted as a Div 1A prospect where it had the lineups printed for all of todays games at the Dome.

Hopefully we will know more about him in the near future.

Right now we are high, or have commitments, from a lot of "athletes"...the smaller kids that can run, play special teams, WR, CB, or TB....ala Charlie Rogers.

offered:
Patrick Clark 5-10, 175, 4.45
Chris Davis 6-0, 180, 4.55
Will Judson 5-9, 155, 4.27
Raeshon Ball 5-9, 170, 4.4 (probably a silent commitment)
Jamal Lewis 6-0, 170, 4.45 (he is committed)
Leodis McKelvin 5-11, 170, 4.5
Jerome Touchston 5-9, 175, 4.4

I will not add Greg Sudderth, Calvin Johnson, Djay Jones, or Eric Williams since they are taller, "rangier" athletes.

Also...th past couple years we have taken several others that fit this category like Sam Williams, Rashaun Grant, I-Perfection, Brian Fleuridor, Venice Gilliam, Chris Dunlap, Kenny Scott, etc.

I would believe we are staying in close contact, and may even offer some among Stacy Walls, Sean McVay, Lionel Mitchell, Sean Walker, Tobin Lyon, etc.

stateline, no I didn't see the game and I'm not trying to downplay the kids' ability. My point was more about recruiting discussion on the boards. If we had a commitment from the kid I can guarantee you that somebody would be on here *****ing about him only being a 2 star and asking who else had offered. The point is the coaching staff just can't win unless every kid we get is a 4-5 star recruit. Some "expert" will tell us why we can't possibly win with the class we get. It's all relative. Coaches (and not just ours) are the best evaluators of talent, not the recruiting services.

BTW, most kids will be reevaluated at least once more before it's all over. That's why I just laugh about all the angst over how many stars somebody has. It's a feel good thing, but doesn't really matter.

Face it!!! Stateline, like most EVERYONE here on this board DONT know squat on recruiting...Dont know anything about evaluating talent NOR the potential academic fit of a kid at GT...I will like MOST trust this coaching staff and Gailey on this...Afterall, he is well respected in his evaluations of players........

N.C. Jacket: On TV they say you can watch the games on your computer if you go to the website www.pbs.org. and follow instructions.

Good Luck, if it works you can see some good games today.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Face it!!! Stateline, like most EVERYONE here on this board DONT know squat on recruiting...Dont know anything about evaluating talent NOR the potential academic fit of a kid at GT...I will like MOST trust this coaching staff and Gailey on this...Afterall, he is well respected in his evaluations of players........
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have seen enough of his evaluations. He uses all the information and the recruiting budget poorly. Of course you will never face it and I could care less if you freeze your hindparts off in Boise in 2005, 2006, 2007, if we are lucky beyond this year.

Blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same ole tune from one of the FEW....

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have seen enough of his evaluations. He uses all the information and the recruiting budget poorly. Of course you will never face it and I could care less if you freeze your hindparts off in Boise in 2005, 2006, 2007, if we are lucky beyond this year.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Shouldn't you leave us "spineless" mass Gailey supporters (as you called me on Buzzoff)and post to the choir on Buzzoff, where every single post ends up being a anti-Gailey tirade? How exactly has Gailey now misappropriated the recruiting budget? Know something the rest of us don't?

For those of you who do want to see this kid, to to www.gpb.org and the games are archived there from yesterday's games and they intend to put today's games there as well.

Thanks White and Gold: I mistakenly thought it was the pbs.org link.

Note: Andy Hall and the Delaware Blue Hens are playing Wofford in the Div 1AA playoffs on ESPN2 at this moment.

Originally posted by i_bleed_gold_white:
For those of you who do want to see this kid, to to www.gpb.org and the games are archived there from yesterday's games and they intend to put today's games there as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Where are the archived games? All I see is the link to the current live...

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by statelinejacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have seen enough of his evaluations. He uses all the information and the recruiting budget poorly. Of course you will never face it and I could care less if you freeze your hindparts off in Boise in 2005, 2006, 2007, if we are lucky beyond this year.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Shouldn't you leave us "spineless" mass Gailey supporters (as you called me on Buzzoff)and post to the choir on Buzzoff, where every single post ends up being a anti-Gailey tirade? How exactly has Gailey now misappropriated the recruiting budget? Know something the rest of us don't?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">uh? when your classes are ranking near the bottom of the ACC and the South overall that signifies misuse of the budget.

stateline, I think we all agree that we would have liked Gailey to use more of his available scholarships. I've posted before that I believe the Hill pulled the rug out from under him last year by unexpectedly axing many of the kids he thought he had a shot at. Other than that however I've been pretty pleased with his signees. Care to enlighten us on who we have on the roster that can't play?

Back