Spring Practice starts today!

Defensive back Corey Griffin noted that the national championship game will be played in the same stadium.

''Start in the dome, finish in the dome' is our motto this year,'' he said. ''I came up with it this morning. I was just thinking about it. The national championship is here in Atlanta this year, in our hometown, in our backyard.''

The true Tech fan in me: Hype thrusters engaged.

The true Tech fan in me: We ded.

The true Tech fan in me: Hype thrusters engaged.

The true Tech fan in me: We ded.

keep-calm-and-take-your-clozapine.png

What does the fumble tracker look like? Every other play or every play?

öööö is this
Being a parent has its perks. I get to watch scrimmages for another 2 years. It would be nice if they opened Sat up for the fans, but then the uga folks would be telling kirby all our trick plays... If you want to see first hand what the team looks like, attend the spring game. This year you should get a real picture. No QB will be in a non contact jersey.

Being a parent has its perks. I get to watch scrimmages for another 2 years. It would be nice if they opened Sat up for the fans, but then the uga folks would be telling kirby all our trick plays...

And he still won't be able to stop them.

Being a parent has its perks. I get to watch scrimmages for another 2 years. It would be nice if they opened Sat up for the fans, but then the uga folks would be telling kirby all our trick plays... If you want to see first hand what the team looks like, attend the spring game. This year you should get a real picture. No QB will be in a non contact jersey.

This closed practice stuff is BS. PJ's plays are all very well known by now. And he isn't installing any super sneaky trick plays in spring practice, he's drilling the fundamentals. There's nothing new to be learned by watching us practice.

My guess is that he just wants to avoid giving the press more negative fodder, like talking about how many times the ball was on the ground due to poorly timed pitches or something silly like that.

This closed practice stuff is BS. PJ's plays are all very well known by now. And he isn't installing any super sneaky trick plays in spring practice, he's drilling the fundamentals. There's nothing new to be learned by watching us practice.

My guess is that he just wants to avoid giving the press more negative fodder, like talking about how many times the ball was on the ground due to poorly timed pitches or something silly like that.

It's probably because he doesn't want all the distractions for the guys. You get some fans, some press, some cameras, all of the sudden you are showboating instead of really focusing on the task at hand. /guess

PJ's plays are all very well known by now. And he isn't installing any super sneaky trick plays in spring practice, he's drilling the fundamentals.

Get ready for the air raid triple option:
- 4 wide outs to spread the defense
- First option is BB Dive
- Second option is QB Keep
- Third option is a pitch to the off-play OT with QB as lead blocker

Will delete in an hour.

Get ready for the air raid triple option:
- 4 wide outs to spread the defense
- First option is BB Dive
- Second option is QB Keep
- Third option is a pitch to the off-play OT with QB as lead blocker

Will delete in an hour.

I've actually wondered why haven't run much trips since we embarrassed FSU with it in '09. Was that just a "Mickey Andrews is dumb enough to fall for this" kind of thing? I feel like we've used it in passing downs sometimes. But not for whole drive. Could be wrong.

unless Paul Johnson works for the NSA on the side

BuzzCzar, on an international business trip to Austria, picks up a call on his cell phone, "Hello, this is-"

Paul Johnson snatches the phone from his hands, puts it on speaker phone and sets it on the desk in front of him. "Start again."

BuzzCzar looks at Paul, who is unexpectedly standing behind him, in terror and confusion, "Coach, what the hell are you doing?"

Paul Johnson lights a cigar in BuzzCzar's non-smoking hotel room, "It's called wiretapping son."

BuzzCzar's phone starts transmitting the other side of the line, "Zar? Ist das deine Mutter ich? Ich hoffe, sie ist nach dem letzten Mal gut."

Paul Johnson casually tosses a notepad and pen onto the desk, "Write that down. I don't know what the hell he said about your mother, but they don't pay me for that anyhow."

BuzzCzar begins to object, "Paul, this isn't how wiretapping works, and you're violating just about every right and law known to man."

Paul Johnson finishes his glass of whiskey and throws the glass in the trash, "Now you're going to tell me who let you know my code name was Paul. Pretty sure I have to kill him."

BuzzCzar speaks into his phone, "I'm sorry, I'll have to call you back. Bye." but before he can hang up, Paul Johnson leans over to the receiver and says "Ich werde dich finden, son."

There's a knock on the door, Paul opens it and two Austrian solid 7's walk in.

BuzzCzar can't believe his eyes, "Coach, you could do way better than that in Austria, let me show you how beautiful the women of this country are."

Paul picks up his sunglasses and car keys, "Son, a good woman is like a college football offense. It isn't a beautiful thing until you break another man's will to live with it."

With that, he leaves.

When he coached at Southern, PJ had exactly one closed practice that I can recall and that was the week of the Georgia game. Of course, at Southern, when the practice field was right across the street from the Wendy's and the boosters came to watch - even going so far as to take attendance among themselves and if you missed a practice, you heard about it the next day - it was a little harder to close practices. Now, those guys also kept an eye out for somebody who looked out of place or they hadn't seen before and they would go up to that guy and ask who they were and what they were doing there. PJ didn't have to worry about getting spied on - the fans and boosters policed it for him.
But he didn't have to worry then about someone tweeting out who was wearing a non-contact jersey or who was on "the beach" (the area where the guys recuperating from injuries went through workouts) and what defenses they were working against that day and what formations they were using.
Looking back at it, I had access to PJ then that was just absurd. There were times, especially early in the practice before he got real busy, it would be just me and him walking across the practice fields chatting. I am an unabashed PJ fanboi and I have his back - because he's had mine on a couple of occasions.

I bet if you write a big enough check, Its open practice... There are several who attend anytime they want. Im going to watch all I can as long as I can!

Would this work for a big check?

office-oversized-check-science.jpg

Back