Spring Game to be on a Friday night

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
The Spring game should be made into a Spring festival for the whole city. Make it an event with bands, craft beer, wine tasting, food trucks, arts, etc. Maybe throw in some Tech student project competition or something showing off their ingenuity.

Show off the school, baseball, softball, and football teams, by inviting everyone in Atlanta to Tech’s campus. Make it an Atlanta/Tech tradition.

saxondawg

Varsity Lurker
I actually like the Tech campus. I joke about it but a midtown Atlanta campus is actually a good thing. I don't know about "city-wide" stuff, but people want to get outdoors in April, my allergies notwithstanding. Seems a waste to have it at night. Promote a huge tailgate day, and yes, some special events, and plan it with a baseball game after the football scrimmage. You won't draw 30,000 off the bat, but the team and the fans both deserve a time to celebrate the program in springtime and start ginning up enthusiasm for September. Easy to say all this, of course, harder to make it work.

gt2690b

PB time!
The Spring game should be made into a Spring festival for the whole city. Make it an event with bands, craft beer, wine tasting, food trucks, arts, etc. Maybe throw in some Tech student project competition or something showing off their ingenuity.

Show off the school, baseball, softball, and football teams, by inviting everyone in Atlanta to Tech’s campus. Make it an Atlanta/Tech tradition.
Maybe call it 420 fest

B

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually like the Tech campus. I joke about it but a midtown Atlanta campus is actually a good thing. I don't know about "city-wide" stuff, but people want to get outdoors in April, my allergies notwithstanding. Seems a waste to have it at night. Promote a huge tailgate day, and yes, some special events, and plan it with a baseball game after the football scrimmage. You won't draw 30,000 off the bat, but the team and the fans both deserve a time to celebrate the program in springtime and start ginning up enthusiasm for September. Easy to say all this, of course, harder to make it work.
I think that you don't understand the mindset of GT and the GTAA, where students and fans, if the powers that be even are aware of their existence, are perceived to be a pesky nuisance to be endured or ignored. To get the full Tech experience, things that are easy elsewhere must be made difficult. There is no room for creativity or empathy. The handful of us who still care press on. You must think that they want a lot of fans to attend as that mindset is in fact the norm at other places.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Spot on, but we can’t even get 30k on a fall afternoon

User 8976

User account deleted
Hixson is a great place to live but I don't live there. What would you know about Hixson?
It's a decent drive from Oakmont Lane in Signal Mountain to a PO box in Hixon.
Who puts a PO box address location as their location on a message board?

Van hayes

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
It's a decent drive from Oakmont Lane in Signal Mountain to a PO box in Hixon.
Who puts a PO box address location as their location on a message board?
Don't quit your day job you are a lousy detective! I have lived in Dunlap for over 20 yes
Your mother sucked my dick. What's your point?
I heard your mother couldn't find your little Vienna! LOL