Someone with a skilled hand needs to untimatly figure out BDS

flarch82

Varsity Lurker
The stadium has the best setting in all of college football but it looks like three disjointed sections .Some Architectural firm with lots of experience and talent needs to do an ultimate study of what the final project needs to be and work backwards in phases toward that goal . No more limited thinking on one area, we need an end game an spend the money wisely so that Bobby Dodd lives up to its namesake. The new AD will find it much easier to raise money with a clear direction, what say you?

This is a long term play. The stadium issue will have to be addressed just need a long term plan and goal

We need to expand to at least 80k so we can get the Clemson and UGAg sell out every other year and Notre Dame once every decade or so.

BDS@HGF is quirky and unique. The idiosyncrasies speak to its long and storied history. I love the way it looks. I'm all for upgrading amenities and a fresh coat of paint but I really don't understand the desire to make it look like any other "bowl" stadium.

Just guessing, but if a big redo was ever remotely contemplated, it might be as viable to rebuild entirely.

Have also heard that making the stadium symmetrical is impossible due to city (state?) owned street right next to east stands.

Regardless, the real question is how could a supposed great engineering school have not built a symmetrical design all those years ago?

Other historic stadiums are similarly disjointed. It's part of their charm. Fenway is one of the most uncomfortable places to watch a game with terrible sight lines. But it's Fenway and there's nothing like it.

BDS@HGF is quirky and unique. The idiosyncrasies speak to its long and storied history. I love the way it looks. I'm all for upgrading amenities and a fresh coat of paint but I really don't understand the desire to make it look like any other "bowl" stadium.

I honestly think it looks kinda jacked up, but I understand why (government) so whatever.

The only thing I'd change about the stadium is trying to get some kind of sunshade dome over it. It's ungodly hot for the first month of games. I wonder if we couldn't build some kind of exterior arch over the whole shebang and string up retractable fabric.

Just guessing, but if a big redo was ever remotely contemplated, it might be as viable to rebuild entirely.

Have also heard that making the stadium symmetrical is impossible due to city (state?) owned street right next to east stands.

Regardless, the real question is how could a supposed great engineering school have not built a symmetrical design all those years ago?

It was somewhat symmetrical until they tore down the south end zone horseshoe and then built the west stands with an expanded press box and the luxury boxes. East and north renovation followed and did not tie in due to aforementioned ADA issues and being cramped by city of Atlanta rights of way.

f77ab149e2c559c0eaeb3c169e9425db.jpg

I'd like to see us do what A&M did but on a smaller scale. Kyle Field used to look like this...
5.jpg

But now it's closed off and symmetrical:
QLBWEWDINMWPZBY.20130501212833.jpg

Like I said, a smaller scale of this would be great. Their old design is similar to a scaled-up BDS, and I realize we have more challenges than they did, but it's an idea.

Anyone have $300 million to make this happen?

This conversation is pointless.

Oh no, our stadium isn't symmetrical.
:bigcry:

All the people complaining never set foot inside nor give a single penny to GT.

Back