Some recruiting news.....

GTNChamps90

Varsity Lurker
In the past day and a half some news has come out. This is my first post to this message board, I left the other board due to the negativity nad bashing of the coaching staff. Here is some recruiting news. As we all know Tech is down to 3 ships, and there are more then 3 prospects left on the board, but ones I will not mention right now are backups.
DL-Darryl Richard is down to Tech and Miami. Tech is believed to still be the leader. Let's hope te staff can get him over Miami's last second push.
DL-Darrell Robertson, there is a rumor that Bowden has taken away his scholarship. There are more then just a few FSU fans reporting this, but no one knows this until it is 100% confirmed. Either way Tech is still involved and has a shot at him.
DE/LB/WR-Brandon Miller, Tech is still involved with. He doesn't give any indication on who leads, but it's funny how FSU fans think it's down to Tech and FSU, UGA fans think it's UGA then Tech, and Tech fans are the same way thinking all 3 are involved. Miller is at UGA this weekend, but with some of his recent comments it makes me think Tech may get him over UGA on Weds evening when he announces. Just a gut feeling, but I think Chan and Co have really made a push for him and I think in the end the fact that he's a lot like Calvin Johnson, very low key and wants to go to a school with strong academics is a huge plus. The next few days will be real interesting. 4 days and we will all know for sure how this all pans out. Go Jackets beat Duke!!

[ QUOTE ]
In the past day and a half some news has come out. This is my first post to this message board, I left the other board due to the negativity nad bashing of the coaching staff. Here is some recruiting news. As we all know Tech is down to 3 ships, and there are more then 3 prospects left on the board, but ones I will not mention right now are backups.
DL-Darryl Richard is down to Tech and Miami. Tech is believed to still be the leader. Let's hope te staff can get him over Miami's last second push.
DL-Darrell Robertson, there is a rumor that Bowden has taken away his scholarship. There are more then just a few FSU fans reporting this, but no one knows this until it is 100% confirmed. Either way Tech is still involved and has a shot at him.
DE/LB/WR-Brandon Miller, Tech is still involved with. He doesn't give any indication on who leads, but it's funny how FSU fans think it's down to Tech and FSU, UGA fans think it's UGA then Tech, and Tech fans are the same way thinking all 3 are involved. Miller is at UGA this weekend, but with some of his recent comments it makes me think Tech may get him over UGA on Weds evening when he announces. Just a gut feeling, but I think Chan and Co have really made a push for him and I think in the end the fact that he's a lot like Calvin Johnson, very low key and wants to go to a school with strong academics is a huge plus. The next few days will be real interesting. 4 days and we will all know for sure how this all pans out. Go Jackets beat Duke!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Robertson did not have his scholarship pulled by FSU.

Stay tuned...Wednesday will be interesting this year...let hope it is a good day for Tech fans and student-athletes alike.

It was encouraging to hear Brandon Miller's phone conversation on Countdown to Signing Day. He mentioned that he was looking for a school with good academics. That definitely doesn't hurt our chances!

[ QUOTE ]
It was encouraging to hear Brandon Miller's phone conversation on Countdown to Signing Day. He mentioned that he was looking for a school with good academics. That definitely doesn't hurt our chances!

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying UGAg is out? It would appear to be so, if he said that.

Isn't recruiting season awesome? Just waiting til signing day to see who makes their last minute choices is nerveracking, but interesting nonetheless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrinbounce.gif

Back