So what does an great D-line mean?

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
It means we already have an incredible secondary that will need less people to cover the same zone (or man) and free up bodies to help our young LB's because the D-Line will be plugging holes and creating pressure all day long.

There is no better pass coverage than never letting each play develop in the first place.

We also have depth. We also have the possibility of deepening our OL if need be.

What a major coup today. Of course, I do have on my Gold Colored glasses, but here's hoping these players can make an immediate impact.

recruiting great OL/DLs is never a bad move. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif

immense help...

the DL this season had a tough time getting a good push...this recruiting class is going to help out big time.

Re: immense help...

that being said, we still excelled at stopping the run (12th in the nation, 1st in ACC). Hopefully we maintain and improve this year.

It's not the run defense that a top flight DL really sets up, although it helps there as well. But if we can get pressure on the passer only using the DL our pass defense will be substantially better. It simply gives us more guys in coverage if the LBs and DBs don't have to blitz to help bring pressure. We'll be able to blitz when we feel like it instead of as a matter of course.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not the run defense that a top flight DL really sets up, although it helps there as well. But if we can get pressure on the passer only using the DL our pass defense will be substantially better. It simply gives us more guys in coverage if the LBs and DBs don't have to blitz to help bring pressure. We'll be able to blitz when we feel like it instead of as a matter of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding..Ding..Ding..
We have a winner!!!

With our youth and sheer lack of depth on thr Dline this year..We HAD to Rely way too much on the Blitz this year...Hopefully this will not be the case very soon...

As a prize, I say we let the new recruits put the first sack on him.

Too late to edit!

Just for the record, I do know it's not "an" great D-Line...

IMO, the most important impact is that our linebackers just got a LOT better! THWG

Back