Should we root against UGA in the Playoff? (Non-Trolling Thread)

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I just bought a 5 gallon hat, a pair of cowboy boots, a horse and a covered wagon. And I'm watching rodeo videos on youTube.

Its gotta help. Its just gotta.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
What difference, at this point,does it make? It's not like their additional success is costing us any recruits. Those of us who live in Georgia will have to put up with some more car flags and more enthusiastic bag boys at the store.

Nevermind, piss on em.

Highriser987

Dodd-Like
I was thinking if Ugay wins out doesn't it technically make GT look better vs if they get blown out (which would be hilarious) or lose. We can at least say "hey we got beat in that game, but look how good they were this season."

LagrangeJacket

Dodd-Like
May the Dawgs humiliate themselves so completely in Pasadena that the "Trail of Tears" will no longer be known for the trek of the Cherokees to Oklahoma, but as the return in shame of the Dawgs back to Athens. May their band get lost in the Rose Parade, may their cheerleaders be arrested for pimping and prostituting in Hollywood, may Lincoln Riley and Baker Mayfield hang a 221-0 score on them, and may the majority of their fans never find their way back. Other than that I wish them well.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
There is never a scenario in which it is okay to root for the mutts. The only time it would be acceptable to even secretly hope they win is if them beating someone else would put us in the playoff. Even then, we should keep our preference to ourselves.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Personally, I hope UGA is winning by 23 points with about 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Then, I'd like Oklahoma to come back and tie the game and beat them in overtime. Speaking from personal experience...that hurts, man. It just hurts.

On second thought...screw that. I hope Mayfield throws for 10 touchdowns and strikes the Heisman pose in front of the Georgia bench every time. Meanwhile, every time one of the mutt's running backs or QB touches the ball, I want to see a 300+ OU player doing a flying elbow drop on them 5 yards deep in the backfield. Make it so painful that every time the QB touches the ball in the 2nd half, he drops it on the ground and all 3 or 4 guys in the backfield just point at the ball and shake their head like, "I'm not gonna get it...you get it!"

saxondawg

Varsity Lurker
There is never a scenario in which it is okay to root for the mutts. The only time it would be acceptable to even secretly hope they win is if them beating someone else would put us in the playoff. Even then, we should keep our preference to ourselves.
Possible scenario. Not likely, but possible. Aliens descend upon earth in hundreds of thousands of spaceships. They have a hive mind (see what I did there?) and transcendent technology that makes ours look pathetic. It's so mind-zappingly excellent, the "you can do that" guy defects to their side (the weasel), because they can do even more than make the Iron Man suit on the Hive mind planet. So much more.

Anyway, the aliens do have one vulnerability. They love the native gaming of the planets they conquer. They announce through their reverberating, hivey voice, "Earth people. We despise and chortle at your planet and all its feeble trappings, with the exception of college football, which we find awesome. It was the thoughts and philosophies of your Kirk Herbstreit that first brought your planet to our cosmic awareness. Here, it just means more. We have selected the Georgia Bulldogs at random to represent your challenge. Well, we selected through a special committee, but same thing. We now send forth 22 of our finest interplanetary warriors, plus special teams, to represent our people against your Georgia Bulldogs in an exhibition of your college football. If your team defeats ours, we will load up our spaceships and fztark off. Otherwise you will become our slaves, and spend the rest of your frail lives polishing our tentacles and cleaning the nihonium-stained diapers of our young."

In this scenario, you still root against Georgia, because you are Tech, and you can't not do that.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
I'd still root for UGA to lose.

I'd root for ISIS if they were playing UGA. I'd root for the asteroid if UGA's team was sent up in the spaceships in Armageddon.

Possible scenario. Not likely, but possible. Aliens descend upon earth in hundreds of thousands of spaceships. They have a hive mind (see what I did there?) and transcendent technology that makes ours look pathetic. It's so mind-zappingly excellent, the "you can do that" guy defects to their side (the weasel), because they can do even more than make the Iron Man suit on the Hive mind planet. So much more.

Anyway, the aliens do have one vulnerability. They love the native gaming of the planets they conquer. They announce through their reverberating, hivey voice, "Earth people. We despise and chortle at your planet and all its feeble trappings, with the exception of college football, which we find awesome. It was the thoughts and philosophies of your Kirk Herbstreit that first brought your planet to our cosmic awareness. Here, it just means more. We have selected the Georgia Bulldogs at random to represent your challenge. Well, we selected through a special committee, but same thing. We now send forth 22 of our finest interplanetary warriors, plus special teams, to represent our people against your Georgia Bulldogs in an exhibition of your college football. If your team defeats ours, we will load up our spaceships and fztark off. Otherwise you will become our slaves, and spend the rest of your frail lives polishing our tentacles and cleaning the nihonium-stained diapers of our young."

In this scenario, you still root against Georgia, because you are Tech, and you can't not do that.
I, for one, welcome our new Alien overlords.

MSCI99

Varsity Lurker
Hypothetical - what if a uGA win (in SECCG i guess) meant that we could vault the loser to get into the playoffs? I'd still pull for the dwags to get butteff'd . Only way I could sleep at night.

BLEEDGOLD

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Bulldwags? May the Boomer Scooner run out of control and run over UGGA!