Rules Changes by NCAA oversight committee.

One guy who is not even on the team anymore. That’s your Paul Johnson recruiting success. Hallelujah

LOL you missed the point. Either you’re too stupid to understand or you realized I called your dumbass out for the dumbass öööö you say so you come back with a snarky comment and completely ignore the fact that I said there were countless other examples.

And why does it matter that he’s not on the team? Your point is that the coach is such an asshole and the scheme is such a deterrent. When they have offers from other big time programs, in terms of this discussion were having in this moment, it doesn’t matter what they do after they sign. They chose us.

All I’m saying is these idiots are talking out of their ass. If GT has so many restrictions (which they’ve acknowledged and is true) and Paul Johnson is such a grumpy, asshole that is not personable (which they’ve stated) and runs a scheme that players don’t want to play in, then Paul Johnson is an absolutely incredible recruiter. I mean, he’s been able to reel in 4 star RB’s and WR’s or 3 star guys that have offers from other major P5 programs. How the hell does he do it?

Either Paul Johnson is an amazing coach or he’s an amazing recruiter. These douche bags try to have it both ways. One day they say that he’s an awful recruiter and no one wants to play in his system, yet we’ve had a fairly successful ten year run with PJ (I swear to god if one of you say I “accept mediocrity”). So if our talent is so ööööty, how the hell have we had success? OR, if we have so many restrictions and he’s such an asshole and the system sucks and it deters players from coming here, then he’s an absolutely amazing recruiter. These assholes want to have it both ways.

Agreed!

LOL you missed the point. Either you’re too stupid to understand or you realized I called your dumbass out for the dumbass öööö you say so you come back with a snarky comment and completely ignore the fact that I said there were countless other examples.

And why does it matter that he’s not on the team? Your point is that the coach is such an asshole and the scheme is such a deterrent. When they have offers from other big time programs, in terms of this discussion were having in this moment, it doesn’t matter what they do after they sign. They chose us.

SGA, snarky is to nice a word but I see you as a civil man. Congrats on keeping your cool among the illogical minions that thrive on putting PJ down and his offensive scheme!

All I’m saying is these idiots are talking out of their ass. If GT has so many restrictions (which they’ve acknowledged and is true) and Paul Johnson is such a grumpy, asshole that is not personable (which they’ve stated) and runs a scheme that players don’t want to play in, then Paul Johnson is an absolutely incredible recruiter. I mean, he’s been able to reel in 4 star RB’s and WR’s or 3 star guys that have offers from other major P5 programs. How the hell does he do it?

Either Paul Johnson is an amazing coach or he’s an amazing recruiter. These douche bags try to have it both ways. One day they say that he’s an awful recruiter and no one wants to play in his system, yet we’ve had a fairly successful ten year run with PJ (I swear to god if one of you say I “accept mediocrity”). So if our talent is so ööööty, how the hell have we had success? OR, if we have so many restrictions and he’s such an asshole and the system sucks and it deters players from coming here, then he’s an absolutely amazing recruiter. These assholes want to have it both ways.

I guess it depends on how one defines the word "success". We've had as many great seasons (2014, 2009) as we've had dismal ones (2015, 2017). We've had plenty of "meh" 6-win seasons. We've had a couple of good bowl victories (2014, 2016) and a few really bad bowl losses (Music City, Orange Bowl I, Peach Bowl 2008, Utah, Air Force, etc). We've missed bowls 2 of the last 3 years. We've had 2 of 3 losing seasons. We've lost 3 of 4 to Puke. We're 3 for 10 vs the mutts. We're coming off a season that we again missed a bowl, didn't finish 0.500, lost badly to Puke and got boatraced by the mutts at home. By my standards, that's not exactly 10 years of sustained 'success' but there have certainly been Successful Seasons.

Absolutely no one in this thread or forum has called our team and talent 'ööööty' so that's hyperbolic horseshit. But losing seasons 2 of the last 3 years and missing bowl games when 80 teams get invites makes CPJ and his scheme fair game to question. I don't understand why some fans seem to think that a guy who makes $3 million + yearly should somehow be above ANY criticism.

I guess it depends on how one defines the word "success". We've had as many great seasons (2014, 2009) as we've had dismal ones (2015, 2017). We've had plenty of "meh" 6-win seasons. We've had a couple of good bowl victories (2014, 2016) and a few really bad bowl losses (Music City, Orange Bowl I, Peach Bowl 2008, Utah, Air Force, etc). We've missed bowls 2 of the last 3 years. We've had 2 of 3 losing seasons. We've lost 3 of 4 to Puke. We're 3 for 10 vs the mutts. We're coming off a season that we again missed a bowl, didn't finish 0.500, lost badly to Puke and got boatraced by the mutts at home. By my standards, that's not exactly 10 years of sustained 'success' but there have certainly been Successful Seasons.

Absolutely no one in this thread or forum has called our team and talent 'ööööty' so that's hyperbolic horseshit. But losing seasons 2 of the last 3 years and missing bowl games when 80 teams get invites makes CPJ and his scheme fair game to question. I don't understand why some fans seem to think that a guy who makes $3 million + yearly should somehow be above ANY criticism.

Look at our success over his tenure vs. the rest of the country. We stack up REALLY well. You can cherry pick stats that help your argument but look at the ENTIRE body of work.

You’re the king of hyperbole. Not one person on this board would say PJ is above ANY criticism. NOT. ONE.

If there is one person on this board that thinks PJ is above ANY criticism, please reply.

Last edited:
Look at our success over his tenure vs. the rest of the country. We stack up REALLY well. You can cherry pick stats that help your argument but look at the ENTIRE body of work.

You’re the king of hyperbole. Not one person on this board would say PJ is above ANY criticism. NOT. ONE.

If there is one person on this board that thinks PJ is above ANY criticism, please reply.

No one has called the team "ööööty", as you accused. If there is one person on this board that has done so, please reply.

Meanwhile, pointing out our programs ups and downs isn't cherry picking but reality. Toss aside the outlier seasons of 2009, 2014, 2015, and 2017 and we're basically a 7-win program. Which you call 'success' and what others fired Chan Gailey for doing. (No I don't want him back).

I think we just have different standards.

Again SGA, your superior intellect win the post!

Back