Rivals reporting McManus to Tech**

Great news here are a couple of articles...

http://www.postherald.com/sp012104.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
McManus sprouted from 270 to 300 pounds this summer and kept his quick feet, which made him a major college prospect. He has started for a year and a half, and his skills in Spartan Coach Joey Jones' pro-style spread offense have made him attractive to high-level Division I coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.postherald.com/pr122203.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
On the offensive line are Mountain Brook's Nate McManus, Homewood's Mason Peterson, Hoover's Cliff Groce, Spain Park's Phillip Nola and Vestavia Hills' Stephen Vlahos.

McManus graded close to 90 percent for an offense that averaged 362.2 total yards per game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a stud! Welcome to the Flats, Mr. McManus!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Re: Great news here are a couple of articles...

Not to rain on the parade here, but Mayo, the OL from Dalton, just abandoned AU for UT.

Hope Awburn doesn't ride into town on the ol' Snapper rider and make the kid a late offer. His academics are much more suited to Tech.

Good to see another Birmingham boy at Tech.

As a side note, it's funny to me how many people I meet who "have family living in Mountain Brook".
Guess what? No you you don't.

But Nathan McManus is, and he looks like he'll be a stud. Perhaps a 4 year starter, like the last OL we got from the Bham area.....

welcome!!!! man....i was hoping you would choose gt!
looking forward to seeing you play! btw, wasn't his coach, joey jones, a receiver at bama?

Re: Great news here are a couple of articles...

The Mayo decision was anounced prior to McManus accepting the Tech committment. Auburn knew about it and according to Brandon Helwig did offer Nathan, but he turned it down and decided on Tech. I worry about all our committs til they turn in a LOI, anything could happen, but no special worry is warranted here .

Re: chose GT over Auburn, very interesting*

Welcome aboard Nathan.

Congratulations!

Back