Richt says seniors don't have to work hard

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Richt says seniors don\'t have to work hard

Bulldogs coach Mark Richt told the team's rising seniors they wouldn't have to work as much during the offseason and spring practice.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good for Mark!!! I totally agree. Those kids have been top 10 for 2 years and they deserve to take it easy.

LINK HERE

Re: Richt says seniors don\'t have to work hard

UGA plant Alert!

WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!

He mentioned Mark Richt....Warning!!!

Call the mods...Hurry.

You apparently have no sense of sarcasm jacketpower.

Clarification:
From today's ABH:

"There may be a guy or two that ought to go," Richt said. "I don't know if we have anyone this year like that or not."
Jones said Richt told returning seniors they wouldn't have to take part in as much contact work in the spring and would be excused from some mat drills in Georgia's winter-conditioning program.

kirbee...I have sense of sarcasm. My reponse to your orginal post was nothing but that.

Then stop hijacking threads butthead.

Uh! That is a certainly a way to bring division to your team. Not that it will happen but saying that it could.

Coach Richt's motavation is clear enough....to keep his players from taking off to the NFL early. Most football people I have heard have placed the Dawgs in 2004's preseason top 3. If Richt can keep all his rising seniors and get his injured players from this year back he has a chance of taking it all.

That said I don't see how any rising senior could take advantage of such liberties at the risk of being single out for not taking part in the drills if he suffers a injury, weight increase, loses stamina or makes a crucial mistake that cost the Dawgs a game in 2004. There would be hell to pay in the Bulldog Nation and in the media.

If Coach Gailey made such a statement I would expect his dismissal at once would be demanded even by this pro-Gailey gallery.

That's it jp, you have finally convinced me you're a dawg. Your Lost in Space reference is obviously an effort to convince us you are a Tech fan by invoking geekiness where none exists.
smile.gif

And only a dawg would use two "l"s in Wil.
shocked.gif

Yeah, I read that article as well. He said it in the hope that his players will return instead of going pro [specifically Pollack (who I think IS going), Sean Jones (I also think is going), David Greene --definitely not going, and Fred Gibson -- says he's not going].

When I read this, my first thought was, "Wow. It's almost like he's whoring himself to get these guys to stay in school. He's not going to make them do the very things that he & the players credit with making them tough mentally and physically. So they stay in school, but will it make them less productive?" Now, those were just my thoughts. But I'd be curious to see what a UGA fan thinks...specifically sfalco because I usually enjoy reading his posts.

(By the way, sfalco...is your name there based on Keanu Reeve's character named Shane Falco from the movie "The Replacements" or is that really your name?)

Good points. I hadn't thought of these angles. I just think if a player doesn't work VERY hard his final year it would hurt his pro career.

If Pollack doesn't go pro it makes you wonder what he is being paid now.

Originally posted by sfalco:
Clarification:
From today's ABH:

"There may be a guy or two that ought to go," Richt said. "I don't know if we have anyone this year like that or not."
Jones said Richt told returning seniors they wouldn't have to take part in as much contact work in the spring and would be excused from some mat drills in Georgia's winter-conditioning program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Anyway you slice it...Someone made a mistake...Probably Richt said this and the AJC QUICKLY changed the story or so- called Clarified after hearing from Athens....No big deal...But Funny...

Back