Real nice piece from Hummer on Ga-GT grad rates

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Turned out to be a much better article than I thought it would be. UGa gets the lead because of their high ranking in Bowl teams' graduation rate, but real good reference to GT, as well. I'm extremely pleased that Col. Stevens is now at GT. At least Mr Braine did fix the atrocious problem.
PJ Daniels not only broke the Bowl records but he made Dean's List with over a 3.0, also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif.

Graduation rates

PJ did good as did the rest of the team. As for me I'd rather graduate with a 2.0 from Tech than a 4.0 at Ugag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

It proves the stupidity of Clough\'s .....

and Braine's academic reforms. Graduations rates are improving from 39 to 57 percent and they institute changes that will kill the graduation rates for the next couple of years. Both should be thankful they are not in the private sector where they would be held accountable.

Re: It proves the stupidity of Clough\'s .....

I agree with the gist of your post 3518, however I put the blame on Clough and Moore. No way an AD can implement that kind of system even if he wants to. That's an academic decision all the way IMO. That's not to say Braine couldn't have fought it more, but I don't buy the idea that he had anything to do with setting it up, other than carrying out orders.

disagree

it was not the NEW policy it was the fact that the BROAD did not do her job and blew off the student-athletes.

After having dealt with O'leary's heavy handed style I am sure it looked like a good policy to take the coaches out of the loop, HOWEVER that means someone else has to be in the loop.

That BROAD completely blew off the players and let them hang in the wind. The AD & Pres should have been checking up on that broad to make sure she was doing her job.

It is a shame for those who failed out, but I think GT learned a BIG LESSON and it put everything in perspective.

Back