Quote from PrepStar Mag re: Patrick Clark

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
UC transfer, Patrick Clark, in my opinion is the most outstanding player on the team and will more than likely someday play in the NFL.

Terrance Miller, PrepStar Magazine

But we can't take him...Insiders only gives him 2 star's......

Seriously, it sounds like this guy is a burner and could be a good one...Recruiting is going very well as some have said.. if we ignore these star ratings by Insiders.......Sounds like we are bringing in some good players.....

Old Foggy, you can go to the Hive and look him up on their Insiders Commit list for GT..All i know is they (insiders,they are off quit a bit) list him as a 4.65 time in the 40 and reportedly he is a lot faster in the 4.4 range and one great athlete from several sources....

Kennedy insisted the guy only ran a 4.65.

But of course he also said 40s are overrated.

The key quote was the one about him having exceptional hands. If you catch the ball on third down consistently, you will win a lot of games.

Seems hard to believe he is 10% slower than the other big recruits. I doubt the 4.65 number, but it doesn't matter anyway.

There are two other spots that list him as 4.38 in the Gainesville Nike Camp...and 4.45 regularly.

Additionally...on a talent laden Mandarin team this year he rushed for 600 yds. and caught 700 yds. worth of passes...while returning 3 kickoffs for TD's.

Offered by MichSt, OleMiss, UNC, etc. 3.0 GPA; 18 ACT; Wants to major in engineering.

He is the Charlie Rogers type of all-purpose back..similar to Rashaun Grant.

Originally posted by GTCrew:

The key quote was the one about him having exceptional hands. If you catch the ball on third down consistently, you will win a lot of games.

Seems hard to believe he is 10% slower than the other big recruits. I doubt the 4.65 number, but it doesn't matter anyway.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He did run a 4.65 in the pouring down rain. When he ran at the Nike camp in Florida, it was in the pouring down rain. At least so I'm told. Hence the crappy 40 time.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTCrew:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He did run a 4.65 in the pouring down rain. When he ran at the Nike camp in Florida, it was in the pouring down rain. At least so I'm told. Hence the crappy 40 time.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Heard that as well.

Regardless, 40 times LISTED aren't all what they're cracked up to be as far as I'm concerned for numerous reasons.

There are other things to consider when recruiting a player.

BTW, I'm sure the ones who recruited him know what his consistent 40 is among other things.

Go Jackets!!

I think its funny that you guys want to disregard 40 times. Its the best way to determine how much speed a player has. Shuttle times measure quickness. 40 times measure speed. Its kind of universal. That said, I think 40 times are often mis-stated and sometimes are measured under terrible conditions ie Patrick Carter.

Alabama..I noticed that too...It is alright if you have a couple short but fast guys as WR's but you dont want all your recievers to be under 6 feet as we had a few years back...We now will have some taller WR's in Bilbo,Mcguire,Bridges( maybe) and Maybe Calvin Johnson...

Ive noticed FSU has recruited a couple of 5-9 smallish players this year and last..But they are burners...Your right..at that size they would need to be burners...

The following is an excerpt from his head coach. The other receiver the coach is talking about, is rated the #2 receiver in the country.
"We went to the Bethune-Cookman 7-on-7 passing tournament, and he just super. Nobody could stop him. He wound up winning the MVP award. That kind of tells you something because Tony (Carter) was on the field, too.”

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Alabama..I noticed that too...It is alright if you have a couple short but fast guys as WR's but you dont want all your recievers to be under 6 feet as we had a few years back...We now will have some taller WR's in Bilbo,Mcguire,Bridges( maybe) and Maybe Calvin Johnson...

Ive noticed FSU has recruited a couple of 5-9 smallish players this year and last..But they are burners...Your right..at that size they would need to be burners...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would you like to have Charlie Rogers, Kelly Rhino, Jerry Mays, Robert Lavette, Bobby Rodriquez, Emmett Merchant, etc. back?

I agree...if given option being taller is better...but you just never know.

Check out the TB for Kansas State...he is 5'7" and is one of the top 3 in the country.

It all comes down to how you use them. If you force smaller receivers to run routes that are designed for taller players then it does not work.

Hiver..That is NOT what i am saying...When Chan first got here 2 years ago..He looked at our roster and saw NO ONE at WR with any height and Immediatley put that as a priority in recruiting..Landing McGuire and Bridges his first really half year in recruiting...When you are in the Red Zone..You have to have a Big Reciever as an option to go too...Almost ALL good teams have them..FSU,Miami,Lsu...Clayton ate ugag alive by just going up and getting the Ball over smaller defenders....Gibson for ugag has been a weapon against our smaller defenders the last few years also....We CAN have SOME smaller FAST recievers on our team but the TALLER ones are a MUST also....To be the ball contol possesion type team Chan is trying to build you need these type (ala Lsu) recievers Tall possesion type recievers..That is WHY we are hot and heavy after Calvin Johnson....

Hiver..That is NOT what i am saying...When Chan first got here 2 years ago..He looked at our roster and saw NO ONE at WR with any height and Immediatley put that as a priority in recruiting..Landing McGuire and Bridges his first really half year in recruiting...When you are in the Red Zone..You have to have a Big Reciever as an option to go too...Almost ALL good teams have them..FSU,Miami,Lsu...Clayton ate ugag alive by just going up and getting the Ball over smaller defenders....Gibson for ugag has been a weapon against our smaller defenders the last few years also....We CAN have SOME smaller FAST recievers on our team but the TALLER ones are a MUST also....To be the ball contol possesion type team Chan is trying to build you need these type (ala Lsu) recievers Tall possesion type recievers..That is WHY we are hot and heavy after Calvin Johnson....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Firstly, please cut out the all caps thing...I know how to read the entire sentence and do not need help.

Secondly, I am not the one scrutinizing the why's and if's of every recruit. You want taller athletes...then look at Eric Williams (probably will fill out more), Gary Guyton (not a WR), Xavier McGuire, and Damarius Bilbo. Additionally, we are recruiting Calvin Johnson and Greg Sudderth. We have not offered, but are staying in on taller WR's like Keavett Mickle and Lionel Mitchell.

But we can't take him...Insiders only gives him 2 star's......

Seriously, it sounds like this guy is a burner and could be a good one...Recruiting is going very well as some have said.. if we ignore these star ratings by Insiders.......Sounds like we are bringing in some good players.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">if we are ignoring the star ratings, then why are we going berserk over Brown!! I dont hold much faith in the star rating either, but since we got Brown's committ, we seem to think we are going to win the NC.

Back