POLL: Overlook Mills' Mistakes?

Would you rather we overlooked Mills' "mistakes" because he's a star?

• Yes

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 66 84.6%

• Total voters

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
I'm curious what the vibe is on this. At times like this, it's easy to think "öööö, WHY couldn't we have just overlooked his mistakes since he's so good, given him a slap on the wrist, and made an example of someone else like other schools do?"

Note: The results are private

Your mom made a mistake having you.

She made up for it last night.

Depends on the mistake.

Weed, yes.

Beating up a woman or raping someone, no.

Your mom made a mistake having you.

She made up for it last night.
For the record, I don't think anybody's bigger than the team. But you know damn well that worse things happen at other schools involving really good players like Dedrick and they don't get dismissed (yes, I am assuming Dedrick didn't assault a woman even though we technically don't know what happened). Things like that happen all over the SEC and other big schools. So I'm just curious, in an anonymous survey, how our fanbase feels about it.

I don't think any policies should be overlooked, but if this is about solely weed, I think the policy should be softened. It was OK when it was mainly hurting UGA, but now that crooked Smart is there you won't be seeing this happen to any UGA stars. The NCAA may have guidelines/rules on drug offenses that athletic departments have to adhere to.

Barring a felony offense, yes. Every other ööööing program does it. UGA has made a program on the shoulders of misdemeanors and academic misconduct. Miami won a title or two looking the other way and even encouraging it. We're the program kicking stars off for talking öööö and forfeiting championships for tshirts.

Stansbury better make a ööööing statement or he goes on my öööölist

He can't. School can't comment.

That's also why CPJ couldn't say much of anything, too.
Why? It isn't grades, health, something illegal. As far as I know, he is still in school and on scholarship.

Had this been his first mistake, yes. But it wasn't. This was the third time he has messed up and put himself over the team. Let him go be selfish at another school.

No. Because when you ignore rules you set bad precedent and you end up with the crap Richt dealt with at uga. College students, like everyone else, need boundaries and need to know where they are. When you over look crap, boundaries fade away and you end up with arrests over the summer.

It's not assault or any other type of arrest, or we would know. I'd be shocked if it was anything other then drugs, since it would be weird timing for something academic related.

If you are dumb enough to get caught with weed in your system not once, not twice, but three times when as a football player you are likely warned in advance of testing, there's not much else people can do for you.

*we don't know it was weed

Back