Our Fight Song

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Two things:
1) I'm trying to find the Ramblin Wreck and Up With The White & Gold songs on the RamblinWreck.com website. No luck. Can anyone tell me how to find it. I thought it used to be included in that website.
2) Would like to purchase a car horns that plays the Ramblin Wreck. Anyone have a clue as to where to begin looking.

www.fightmusic.com

Also, I have a car horn that plays the ramblin wreck. I think I got it from a tailgating website. Works with a little remote on my keychain. Annoys Bulldogs and Clempies. Can't remember the brand name though.

If you're looking for the words I know they're up on the TBook (I apologize for this site btw, I'm fighting with some of the powers that be on getting it updated) along with a lot of random old cheers. I'm pretty sure that they're up on the Reck Clubs site too.

BH, if you can remember the website that you bought that GT car horn from, please let me know. My church is overly populated with dogs who love to remind me of who has been winning. This horn would absolutely drive them bananas. May drive me to another church too. LOL

Excellent. It plays one complete verse, and is audible a long ways. The horn works by remote control, press once to start, and you can press again to stop it. You can get different chips for different songs and switch them out. One funny event that happened on the way to Clemson 2 years ago. I was on the road ahead of a Bulldog fan going to Columbia for their game. I wanted to fire off my horn at a Clempie up ahead. I pressed the button, but I started hearing the UGA song behind me. I pressed again, and it shut off and the ramblin wreck started from my own car. The bulldog was perplexed and tried starting his, which shut off mine. I hit mine again and it shut off his and started the ramblin wreck again. We both laughed it off.

Another time, tailgaiting at FSU, I found my remote worked on another tech fans car across the lot. While he looked around in confusion, I kept setting his car horn off. Great fun.

Sweet, I think I'll get one. It may seem kind of goofy on my old Honda but who cares.

So am I the only one ...

... or did anyone else go listen to a bunch of fight songs on that web site? What else to do with 65 days till Football? Some observations:

1) There are whole lot of awful fight songs out there. One that sticks out is Nebraska. They have a great foootball tradition but about the most boring song I've ever heard. And I think the entire WAC just shares the same song.

2) Another reason to dislike Colorado. They've got a song to the tune of that Glory, Glory UGAG garbage.

3) There's a bunch of Tigers out there and they all have a Tiger Rag (for better or worse I suppose). I've got to hand it to our friends up I-85 though, the Clemson version is about 10 times better than any of the others.

4) I've always found that certain fight songs are particularly original or catchy. Alabama, Florida, and Oklahoma come to mind.

5) The Dogs are just stupid. There's about 10 different versions of that #@!& Glory, Glory song (how original is that). There's also about a half-dozen versions of Go Dogs, or Go Bulldogs, or Go You Hairy Butt-Sniffers, or some other variation of the theme. Come on guys, get a fight song or some creativity. At least try to fight the stereotype a little.

And last but not least, there's nothing out there that compares to Up With the White and Gold leading into the Ramblin Wreck. Hands Down. End of Story.

Re: So am I the only one ...

Good point,
I always liked the song "Rocky Top" until Tennessee made it their fight song. I would have thought that a school the size of the University of Tennessee could have done better for a fight song than that though.
When U get right down to brass tacks, our "Up With The White and Gold" & "Ramblin Wreck" are the best in the nation. I honestly don't see how anyone could ever top ours.

Re: Is The Best In The Country! {nfm}

Between our two fight songs, we have covered gambling, drinking, cursing, and violence. What more can you ask for in this damned age of political correctness we live in today?
rockwoot.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/trout.gif

Well I guess you could throw in sex and infidelity. Now that would cover all bases including those of slick Willy Clinton. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

One bit of warning about the horn. I still haven't found a satisfactory place to mount it. If you mount it in front of the radiator grill, it will be nice and loud, but when it gets sprayed with a mist of water, like in a carwash or big rainstorm, the horn will start playing randomly, uncontrollably, and you will have to pull over, get out of your car, and disconnect it from the battery, while getting embarrassing looks of mockery from passersby. If you mount it under the hood behind the radiator, then the water will not be a problem, but when the engine gets really hot, the electronics will slow down (remember Electrical Engineering class, anyone?) and the tune will play at an absurdly slow speed, and the volume is not as great, but still pretty loud. I'm thinking of wrapping it in plastic and mounting it in front of the radiator grill this year. I'm an engineer (albeit chemical); I should be able to think of something.

BungerHungry...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif
had to laugh...that was ME that you were doing the horn thing with at FSU....I couldn't figure out what the hey was going on...I also had fun with another fan on the interstate like you...anyway, buy the horn for your cars...they are cool and are fun!

Could you mount it in the trunk? or in one of the rear panels? That way heat and the elements would be less of an issue.

If you want to really get to a UGAg fan call them on the phone and punch this on the dialer: 65444566654565414

Sound familiar?

Back