OT: 2024 Peach Bowl Challenge

USCJacket

Damn Good Rat
Might as well have been the GT Peach Bowl Challenge with all the participants somehow connected to GT. Interesting change this year, they did random pairings based on weighted handicap.

-Team of Brent Key, Rick Neuheisel finished T-6. RN wanted the GT job and thought he had it in 2008 before hiring CPJ.
-Team of Paul Johnson, Jeff Monken.
-Team of Chan Gailey, Pat Narduzzi.

Winning team was Urban Mayer, Mike Norvell.

Others:

Steve Spurrier - 1 time GT assistant as we all know.
Tom O’Brien - Was rumored to have been GT’s HC before hiring CCG.
Urban Mayer - Daughter was on the GT VB team, etc.
Randy Edsall - On GOL’s staff.
Shane Beamer - 1 time GT GA.

We've never won the Peach Bowl and that pisses me off. In fact, we are normally embarrassed at the Peach Bowl.
That is one of the most inexplicable occurrences in college football. Hometown bowl and when we're in it, we might as well not even show up.

OK, so assuming everyone is standing next to their teammate in the group photo (PJ is with Monken, Key is with Neuheisel, Urban and Norvell are together)....
did Kirby play with Tuberville?
How many foot wedges did they play without anybody noticing?

OK, so assuming everyone is standing next to their teammate in the group photo (PJ is with Monken, Key is with Neuheisel, Urban and Norvell are together)....
did Kirby play with Tuberville?
How many foot wedges did they play without anybody noticing?

They made more holes-in-one than Kim Jong IL.

That is one of the most inexplicable occurrences in college football. Hometown bowl and when we're in it, we might as well not even show up.
I went to the game in 2000 vs LSU. Left by the end of the 3rd quarter. Train wreck. Not as bad as 2008 vs LSU, but yeah.

Went to the 1971 Peach Bowl,,, GT vs Ole Miss!!! Got our clocks cleaned!!!
Allegedly, word was, team voted to stay at home, coach made them play!! Ergo, a disaster!!

Went to the 1971 Peach Bowl,,, GT vs Ole Miss!!! Got our clocks cleaned!!!
Allegedly, word was, team voted to stay at home, coach made them play!! Ergo, a disaster!!
I have that program.

1714605533471.png

Forgot how tall Kuchar is. Hopefully his game starts to round into form, it’s definitely been a struggle this year.

Back