No matter how much time passes...

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Images like this will always be a stomach-churning experience for me...

10536508.jpg

Say what you want about O'Leary, but he was a Tech man. He "adopted" Tech as his own more than Bobby Ross and a lot of other coaches have that have passed through Atlanta. The man buried his father with a "GT" pin on his father's chest...I think that just about says it all.

I'll never forget the day I listened to his press conference when he was hired at Notre Damn. That was a betrayed, disgusted feeling. This is more of a "where have you gone, George O'Leary?" feeling. IMHO, it never will look right seeing George represent another institution.

You're right, I wish he would have stayed at GT forever. But, he chose to leave GT, not the other way around. I'll always thank George for turning around the program after B*** L****, but HE chose to leave.

Yep, pretty clear from George's actions that he didn't consider Tech anything but a stepping stone. He could've made his legacy here. He produced several good years, but that's about it. He could've stayed until retirement, became AD, had fields and buildings named after him, had his name on a big board next to Heisman, Alexander and Dodd at BDS. He chose to go elsewhere and abandon Tech, not even giving Tech the respect of staying to coach his final bowl game. So good riddance IMO.

Back