New update on CG.com

I like this comment....

"a game that we are looking forward to playing this year vs Duke"

Hopefully, payback is hell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/FIREdevil.gif

Funny he said...

"I would characterize this draft as..."

Nothing wrong with it, just showing his NFL experience.

Re: I like this comment....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Re: Funny he said...

It's nice to see Chan updating us on his views of the recruiting class and position changes. I'd much prefer it coming from the actual source (if its actually Chan writing the words). OTOH, if it's CHAN actually writing the words, the gaffs and typos (not to mention the convoluted list) don't encourage confidence.

Fortunately, this recruiting class appears to be a good one for the DL and OL, though outsiders see it as middle-of-the-pack by comparison with our competitors.

Hopefully, Chan et al will stay on top of the academic situation and keep the SA's focused on the books between now and late August.

Odd that you would make a big deal out of grammar.

I might be one of the worst on here for grammar, but you won't see me throwing stones. Your post on Defense is convoluted to say the least.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1orglaugh.gif

Re: Odd that you would make a big deal out of grammar.

Aw, shucks. Do you write the updates on Chan's web site?

Heck, typos etc., don't bother me either, on posts such as these. However, if I'm writing for my web site that is an official reflection of me (and unofficially, of GT), then things like typos, the convoluted list of recruits and the reference to "draft" begin to make a less-than-wonderful impression.

If your delicate sensibilities were wounded in any way, I'm forever aggrieved.

BTW, I had a typo in my post, too.

Chan\'sSite

I'm also glad to see more words of wisdom from our fearless leader. He might could use an editor but as a folksy means of communicating with the faithful it's a nice start. Too bad about the recruit list.

Re: Chan\'sSite

The list looks fine if you've got the window wide enough, just messy code.. I think he should get someone there to work on his HTML / proofread everything, but the content's good.

I was really encouraged by Chan's post. I liked what he had to say.

It seems that there is someone ready to throw stones at whatever he says or how he says it. Come on Freebee?

But Bill the Mustard: I said:

It's nice to see Chan updating us on his views of the recruiting class and position changes. I'd much prefer it coming from the actual source (if its actually Chan writing the words).

Fortunately, this recruiting class appears to be a good one for the DL and OL, though outsiders see it as middle-of-the-pack by comparison with our competitors.

Hopefully, Chan et al will stay on top of the academic situation and keep the SA's focused on the books between now and late August.

That's hardly throwing stones.

I also wonder if Chan sends his own messages out; and if not, who does.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We're gonna kill 'em.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/behead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/FIREdevil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

I agree with Mustard! My English and grammer are not the best to say the least. I'm not sure but I don't think CCG was an English major.

The guy is a professional and he is selling superior academics as part of our program.

The grammar should be correct. Period.

I expect him to be intelligent and articulate in his written announcements because he is at GT. He can do his part in crayon and pictures for all I care. He just needs a person to make it look ok for discerning eyes before it is released.

I promise Mark Richt doesn't release bad grammar in a public release, and his is going to a bunch of people who wouldn't even notice anyway.

Chan can write any old crap he wants, and then get a responsible person to clean it up. That's all there is to it. It needs to be done.

To be clear. I don't expect Chan to spend his days and nights on proper spelling and puncuation, but I do expect it to *seem* that way to Joe Superstar or his mom.

The guy is in charge of a MULTI MILLION dollar program here. He is a professional. He is the CEO. The school is judged by him, arguably, more than any other person, by most of the population.

Coaching football should be his first priority, but bad English, written for public release, is not ok, especially in light of our recent academic issues.

All it takes is a student to be paid a few extra bucks. It's too easy to correct, to not be correct.

O, I forgive him

CEO or not, he's forgiven by me.

Now, LET'S GO WIN SOME FOOTBALL GAMES!

Re: O, I forgive him

Oh, don't get me wrong - he's forgiven - I like the guy - I just don't see anything wrong with doing something like that the right way. It's too easy not to.

Re: O, I forgive him

When Bill Curry was the coach, I brought my family to visit him. He had award and congratulatory plaques on the wall from various GT clubs and GT civic honchos. Nearly all of them had grammatical errors engraved in the message. My sons remarked that the other GT grads could not do any better than I could. I explained that it is the GT mystique. Give me a slide rule and a math or mechanical or electronic problem and I could knock it out. Give me a paragraph to rite, and somehow I goof it up.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/2orglaugh.gif

Back