Nat Dorsey...stay or go?

Ham4heisman

Varsity Lurker
Do yall think he will stay or leave early? He had a bit of an off year... In my opinon he needs to stay.

Originally posted by Ham4heisman:
Do yall think he will stay or leave early?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If I had to guess, I would say he will leave early.

Personally I don't think there's any question here. He needs to say another year. His first year was unreal for a freshman and many put high expectations on him, probably including Nat Dorsey himself. I think last year was a bit of an off year for him and this year it seemed he was getting back to form and doing well. Next year if he can prove tot he scouts that he can absolutely dominate he could be the first OT taken in the draft.

Right now I think he's maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick at best. He has the potential to be all world, but so do many people that get drafted by the NFL. Then again, I know absolutely nothing about the NFL draft. My only claim to fame was that 2 years ago, I told a buddy of mine that Clinton Portis should be a top 3 pick in the draft and he laughed at me. Then again, I also thought that Duckett was a solid draft pick for the Falcons in the first round too.

I lost faith in the NFL recognizing talent a long time ago when they screwed little Joe and instead teams are recycling garbage QB's throughout the league without giving a guy like Joe a chance. So what if he is 5-10" tall, he'll be a better QB than Jeff Blake who is a complete JOKE! I'll end this post with two words: Doug Johnson.

'Nough said.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Personally I don't think there's any question here. He needs to say another year. His first year was unreal for a freshman and many put high expectations on him, probably including Nat Dorsey himself. I think last year was a bit of an off year for him and this year it seemed he was getting back to form and doing well. Next year if he can prove tot he scouts that he can absolutely dominate he could be the first OT taken in the draft.

Right now I think he's maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick at best. He has the potential to be all world, but so do many people that get drafted by the NFL. Then again, I know absolutely nothing about the NFL draft. My only claim to fame was that 2 years ago, I told a buddy of mine that Clinton Portis should be a top 3 pick in the draft and he laughed at me. Then again, I also thought that Duckett was a solid draft pick for the Falcons in the first round too.

I lost faith in the NFL recognizing talent a long time ago when they screwed little Joe and instead teams are recycling garbage QB's throughout the league without giving a guy like Joe a chance. So what if he is 5-10" tall, he'll be a better QB than Jeff Blake who is a complete JOKE! I'll end this post with two words: Doug Johnson.

'Nough said.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Barrel. I completely agree.

I feel it will depend on two things. If his grades are going well, he might hang around and raise his draft status. The other item would be his projected status in the draft, and if he has received some legitimate feelers from some of the teams.

Father Time

Im feel that from what i read in NO way he is a 1st round pick and more likely 4th or 5th round...He would be crazy to come out...

He will have to work his tail off this coming up year to hold Big ole Kenton Johnson out.He will give Dorsey a push for that LT starter spot..I agree with Big John that Johnson showed me something....The Competition will be good and help both players... it ALWAYS does....

Needs to stay another year since I think he needs a little more seasoning. I expect him to most probably jump ship and go though. Wish he would stay on.

Black Watch is right on target here.

Nat will have to work hard to start next season.

Johnson will push him big time.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Im feel that from what i read in NO way he is a 1st round pick and more likely 4th or 5th round...He would be crazy to come out...

He will have to work his tail off this coming up year to hold Big ole Kenton Johnson out.He will give Dorsey a push for that LT starter spot..I agree with Big John that Johnson showed me something....The Competition will be good and help both players... it ALWAYS does....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

He better be finding out what the NFL guys are saying if he is still seriously considering going this year. Chan offered to help anyone interested find out what the word in the league was about them and no one took him up on it. That would make you think Nat is coming back.

Personally I think he needs to stay. His rep, at least in the media, has dropped since his freshman year. Unless he has NFL teams telling him he will definitely go high, he needs to have a solid senior year. And remember, he was young as a freshman so he could use another year of development.

In the Clemson game it was very obvious that when Johnson came in he played better than him.....As ive heard, Dorsey may have been nagged by some injuries this year...But Nat has tons of potential and i hope he is at full steam next year, both Physically and mentally....

Back