most highly ranked DL class in GT history?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Elris Anyaibe
David Brown
Darrell Robertson

and possibly
Darryl Richard
Brandon Miller

I cannot remember us ever getting this many DL's that were ranked this high on paper.

Count the last three years as huge.

Brezina played lights out until the injury. Wrotto, Mansfield, Anoi - - this year.

We should be a force up front. I think these kids are seeing that the DL is allowed to make plays in our defense. The entire defense shifts so that the emphasis is on all positions depending on the down, giving all these guys a chance to make names for themselves.

GO probably lost a lot of guys due to the fact that he only wanted the DT's to absorb blocks for the LB's all the time.

A very exciting time for GT. I have been up since 6:30 and I can't eat breakfast or get any work done. I keep flipping back and forth between here, the Hive, my fax, and work e-mail all morning.

best DL class EVER on paper at GT .....

with Richard added I think this is the best ever DL class at GT

Ive said this along...we have NEVER.. EVER..

Brought in this Calibre of Dlineman...ALL the great Programs DO...Miami,Fsu..exct....THIS IS WHY im so positive about Chan Gailey...Im sorry if 2 or 3 want to throw jabs at me and that's ok...BUT...I will ride with Gailey...Ive followed GT football for many moons and have NEVER seen us grab this many Great Dlineman...I believe in a couple of Years we will Compete with ANYONE....

[ QUOTE ]

GO probably lost a lot of guys due to the fact that he only wanted the DT's to absorb blocks for the LB's all the time.

That reminds me of the Falcons in the early 80's. I think Glanville was one of the defensive coaches. They had a nose guard (Don Smith I think) who must've had some pretty quick reflexes because when the ball was snapped, if someone in the interior O-line tried to pull he was told to tackle them. He was real good at it and I can only remember one time that he was called for defensive holding. It was funny to watch although someone like Refrigeratormover probably wouldn't get a chuckle out of it. It could really gum up a wide running play.

Back