More on Calvin

RamblinPeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this has been posted on the GT blog, which is amazing, but I thought I'd put it up here too in case some one doesn't compulsively check the blog every few hours like I do. More on Calvin and other guys in the article.

Macon Telegraph Link

[ QUOTE ]
It hasn't taken long for Georgia Tech true freshman wide receiver Calvin Johnson to impress his new teammates.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Johnson set team highs in the broad jump and the vertical jump this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Those jaw-dropping numbers, in addition to Johnson's work during summer drills and 7-on-7 situations, have his new teammates raving.

"He's got the talent to be whatever he wants to be," Tech senior guard Andy Tidwell-Neal said at the Peach State Pigskin Preview on Wednesday at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. "If he wants to be an All-America, he has the talent."

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its coming from our own guys so theres some bias, but this has me excited, only 57 days til toe meets leather!

I must admit, that these numbers made my jaw drop.

Just think, the ignorant media thinks Tech's passing game is going to stink. Heh heh heh. I love it.

43" vertical jump? Does anyone know if they measured this as they do in basketball? If so, Calvin could rival Ish for hangtime. The best I ever heard in basketball was David Thompson which I thought was 48" vertical.

If Reggie hasn't been working on the fade this summer, I will be sorely disappointed- with a 6'4" start and that type of hops, if he has hands, look out!

Does anyone remember Harold Carmichael? Al Toon? I don't even remember the QB's so that ought to tell you how hard that play was to stop but how routine those guys made the plays.

Here's hoping we see that 'routine' for a few years to come.

Fabulous news on Leon Robinson, also.

Great to see that Robinson is working hard & seems to want it. If 'Big Leon' can do what he's done so many times for the Yellow Jackets & return to All-ACC 2nd team status, the coaches may move Tidwell-Neal back to C. That would be a whopper of a big OL & a whopper of experience. No knock on Tuminello as he's only a yr away from taking over anyway.
No matter how u cut it, this is fantastic news for GT fans. With Robinson healthy & in playing condition & with Calvin Johnson ready to take over @ WR, this GT team is getting better every day, literally. Again, I say GT & Clem in a fight for 3rd in the ACC.

Back