Mercedes-Benz Stadium

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!

Jolly Good Fellow

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
If they're willing to pay for the space and vacate on 6 or 7 (Thu and Mon games) of the 8 most profitable events every year then they must see some benefit... Free advertising, everyone's talking about it? Presence for other NCAA and sporting events?
Yeah, there's an AJC article that mentions the space is actually designed to be used by another vendor as well. The space won't sit idle on Sundays.

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
Generally, Chick-fil-a's per store sales volume exceed most other quick-service restaurants while only operating 6/7ths of the time.

Since most of the restaurants are owned by small business owners - rather than corporate entities - the owners are satisfied with their returns and like having a day off. Who wouldn't?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Is there a Waffle House in there? I'd like some hash browns

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
Why would CFA not have a location there? I don't understand what the chatter is about. Every single year, that building will host the CFA Kickoff Game(s), SEC Championship (on Saturdays) and the CFA sponsored Peach Bowl.

At the Dome, they had to transport fryers/pressure cookers/grills/tea brewers/ice cream machines, etc. from stores to the Dome for all of these events. Now they'll have a kitchen on site and ready to go, which helps those operations and doesn't impede their other stores. AND they'll have the added benefit of a couple NFL games per year. Combine that with the ATL United games and various other events that happen there and they'll get a lot of use out of it.

I literally don't see how it doesn't make sense, especially if other vendors use it on Sundays like Coit said.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Another fail for MBS... they obviously had a tour or walk-through group on Tuesday with the facilities set up for a football game. Check the scoreboard:

Untitled.jpg

gthog61

Dodd-Like
Generally, Chick-fil-a's per store sales volume exceed most other quick-service restaurants while only operating 6/7ths of the time.

Since most of the restaurants are owned by small business owners - rather than corporate entities - the owners are satisfied with their returns and like having a day off. Who wouldn't?
Nobody eats at the same place every day. People who know Chik Fil A know they are not open on Sundays so they just go another day. They just have their weekly sales in 6 days rather than 7. It's not like people show up at Chik Fil A on Sunday and say "OMG I didn't know they were closed."

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Nobody eats at the same place every day. People who know Chik Fil A know they are not open on Sundays so they just go another day. They just have their weekly sales in 6 days rather than 7. It's not like people show up at Chik Fil A on Sunday and say "OMG I didn't know they were closed."
No, they show up all excited like and say "God damnit, it's Sunday!!!"

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Free fanzone entry with the Chick Fil A kickoff tix. I suppose this is in the World Congress Center. Gonna be a busy day.

18in32

Petard Hoister
It's not weird to want a better bathroom. In fact, I would say it's weird not to.
Call me weird: I love the urinal troughs. Reminds me of our football successes in the pre-modern era. Wish they'd rebuild the south stands, cancel all commercial breaks, and bring back the 'hold that line' chant of yesteryear.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Call me weird: I love the urinal troughs. Reminds me of our football successes in the pre-modern era. Wish they'd rebuild the south stands, cancel all commercial breaks, and bring back the 'hold that line' chant of yesteryear.
Bust their ass.