LawB/others, I do agree that Coach Chan

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
is learning on the job. He wasn't prepared for nor ready to handle a major football program in a major conference. It's encouraging that he hasn't made the same mistakes twice with clock mgt, recruiting, academics & a few others. It's discouraging that he continues to find 'new' lows. How long do u figure he'll take before he runs GT smoothly?
I also agree that Gailey has done better this yr than last yr. In virtually all areas, he is better. The problem is that he's not 'there' yet. College assts/former pro HCs/OCs/DCs have come in at other schools & caught on faster than Gailey has. Do you think Coach G can get to where he competes for the ACC title?
I do not agree that Coach Gailey will be better next yr. Maybe he will/maybe he won't. As u say, u don't even know if a game plan will work BEFORE the game, so we certainly don't know if/when Coach Chan can/will get any better. This may be the best he will ever do. How much better do u think he will be next yr?
Assuming Coach Chan is better next yr, will it be good enough to compete for the ACC title? Will it take a 4th yr of getting a little better, or then a 5th, or then a 6th?
Somewhere/sometime, Ga Tech must draw a line as to where/when we must go in a different direction.

quote:
Somewhere/sometime, Ga Tech must draw a line as to where/when we must go in a different direction

Not because of me, but because of others that can get these type of things done,the thought process is winning an ACC title is not probable if the coach does not beat ugag. In other words, the only way a HC stays here, is to beat ugag on a regular basis while he works on winning the conference.

Because of yesterday, Chan is viewed much differently than he was on Friday. You mentioned something about the program running smoothly. Losing to Duke because of lack of preparation
is too similar to the problems of last year, and that feeling will not be dismissed easily.

Unfortunately for Chan, he has not earned the right to produce an egg of yesterday's proportions.

He is 5-4 right now, but the next three are what Chan will be judged by.

Back