JT5 is a Saint

Comment section is surprisingly encouraging. I guess most team's fans are homers for their recruits, but I feel like I'm just so used to seeing people bag on all things GT related.
It's a New Orleans paper. They don't care about COFH.

well öööö....really rooting for the kid, but apparently the Saints think they have some shinier gems in their rookie WRs. I hope he finds a paying gig somewhere, but if he wants to be a grad asst and teach our qbs how to not suck, that would be OK with me too.

Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer
The Saints waived former Georgia Tech quarterback-turned-receiver Justin Thomas on Saturday to make room for newly-signed guard Orlando Franklin. Thomas auditioned for teams as an undrafted rookie this year at quarterback, defensive back and receiver before landing a job with the Saints during a minicamp tryout.

In case we needed one more reason to hate the Saints.

At least they gave him a shot, I'll say that much. Gotta believe JT5 winds up on a practice squad somewhere, at a minimum.

It doesn't look good for us that one of the best quarterbacks we had since Goose can't play in the NFL.

It looks worse for georgia who lost to that same guy twice.

Someone give the kid a job.

It doesn't look good for us that one of the best quarterbacks we had since Goose can't play in the NFL.

It looks worse for georgia who lost to that same guy twice.

Someone give the kid a job.
It's not a bad look for us really. There are hundreds of college stars each year who's skills dont translate to the NFL. Having said that, though, I thought for sure JT's 4.3 speed would find a place on a practice squad at least.

Sounds like he lost out on a roster spot to someone who will help keep Drew Brees upright.

He is frequently kind and he's suddenly cruel
He can do as he pleases, he's nobody's fool
But he can't be convicted, he's earned his degree
And the most he will do is throw shadows at you
But he's always a Saint to me

David Greene left UGAg with more wins than any QB in CFB history (of course, he played more) and he didn't make it in the NFL

Justin's size isnt ideal for QB in the NFL or WR. Its a tough sell given his metrics. They are even a little slight at the college level i.e. we couldnt run midline with him.

I'm sure JT5 has the talent to make it on an NFL squad, but if he doesn't, then I'm sure he'd be an absolute beast in the CFL. He could even stay a QB there.

Julian Edelman made the transition from QB to WR. Hopefully, JT can find a team wanting to see if they can replicate Julian's success with JT.

Back