Jefferson-Pilot gives ACC football real nice deal

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
This new league is just tremendous. ACC football will be all over TV. 2 more Saturdays of ACC games. The syndicate package for Fla will really help GT get their games seen 'south of the border'. What I like most is the split games to different sections of ACC territory.

ACC/Jefferson-Pilot sweeten TV deal

Not so fast my friend

If you will remember, last year Tech was only on JP 2-3 times.
The reason given by GT broadcasters, was that of the over-the-air stations, all but 3 were in North Carolina.
There were four straight weeks of UNC football after Nov. 1st.
that team was terrible..

Other than the money, JP doesn't help GT. We should focus on making our presence on CSS as large as possible.

Re: Not so fast my friend

Doubt that will continue. The new ABC/ESPN deal will take more ACC games than last year so JP/Raycom will have less to choose from. It sounds like they will go in for more regional telecasts, so that those of you in GA/Fla will likely see more Tech games while I'll be stuck with UNC and Duke.

Re: Not so fast my friend

I saw quite a few GT games on JP last fall and I obviously live in Florida (northern Alabama as we like to say down here.) I remember the NC State game, the UNC game, and maybe even the Wake game on JP. I'm sure there were more. JP has been good to me the last few years as a GT fan "south of the border." In fact, when a Saturday game wasn't on ABC, it was almost always on JP with very few exceptions. Of course, the JP games were carried on our "Sunshine Network" channel down here.

God Bless!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

PCB thanks for proving my point..

Unless GT is playing a NC school they will not be on the JP package.

Back