Jay Jones Transferring

UGAg has mechanical engineering
Imagine there's a broom closet in the Skiles classroom building.
Imagine that in that closet is an old desk, with a broken leg held up by a brick.
Imagine on that desk is an old IBM Selectric typewriter with one of the prongs of the plug broken off.
Imagine that on the door of that broom closet is a sign that says "Georgia Tech School of Journalism."

That's UGA's engineering school

I bet he is transferring because nobody called him on his birthday

Can I get a job at the GTAA calling people to wish them happy birthday?

tenor.gif

Correct. I just meant that it's a shame they didn't get any experience this year. In a 5 win season, you'd hope at least your young players get some time.

yep - I agree. I don't know why we didn't see LJ in the 4th against Duke or the mutts. Taking a snap to run out the clock at the end isn't gametime experience. The 4th qtr mutts was nothing but stupid QB keepers by TQ that accomplished nothing.

Just poor coaching IMO.

Sucks this season crashed at the end the way it did. Makes it harder to appreciate the good parts.

all the more reason to get the backups some real PT. That sort of QB keeper gets your QB injured eventually. Works against $hitt but not the mutts nor Clemson.

CPJ must've said about dozen times over the course of the year that Jay Jones was the most physically gifted athlete among our QB's. Seems like an awful lot of our 'more gifted athletes' never see the field or make much of an impression when they do. I'm disappointed in his departure.
It is difficult for our coaching staff to develop players once they are at another school.

CPJ must've said about dozen times over the course of the year that Jay Jones was the most physically gifted athlete among our QB's. Seems like an awful lot of our 'more gifted athletes' never see the field or make much of an impression when they do. I'm disappointed in his departure.

Perhaps CPJ can’t evaluate talent properly. Or maybe he’s just good at pushing talent out the door.

Perhaps CPJ can’t evaluate talent properly. Or maybe he’s just good at pushing talent out the door.

We at least know that when the transfer papers reach their respective destinations, they all come highly recommended.

Its sad to see him go, but he didn't beat out the guys ahead of him in practice. If he didn't beat out tm next year, he'd have a very limited future here. Iiwii.

Back