Jay Jones Transferring

CPJ must've said about dozen times over the course of the year that Jay Jones was the most physically gifted athlete among our QB's. Seems like an awful lot of our 'more gifted athletes' never see the field or make much of an impression when they do. I'm disappointed in his departure.

we need more Physically Gifted OL and DL.

Man he was majoring in mechanical engineering too.. wonder how school was going

Our problem with Duke is they know Ted Roof & his strategies like the back of their hand. They score 13 against Army but blow us out. We couldn't move the ball on them, that's true, but their offense scored at will.

Our problem with Duke is they know Ted Roof & his strategies like the back of their hand. They score 13 against Army but blow us out. We couldn't move the ball on them, that's true, but their offense scored at will.

We could move the ball on them until we started throwing. The routes were wide open, but we couldn't hit them.

I thought Jay Jones would be the future at QB, or at least move to AB.

I think it's a shame that neither he or Lucas Johnson played much at all.

This year our problem with Duke was the players didn't care. Defense didn't care the whole game, the offense didn't care in the second half. It is a coaching issue; but not from a strategy perspective. This year's Duke team might beat you if you have a poor game plan; but the way we got blown out was more than Duke figuring out the scheme.

UGAg has mechanical engineering
Indeed...
the_three_stooges_a_plumbing_we_will_go_1_1047.jpg

LJ will be just a RS-Soph though, right? Hopefully he'll start. Another year of TQ is another 5 win season.

Lucas Johnson QB'ed our final series of the season.

LJ will be just a RS-Soph though, right? Hopefully he'll start. Another year of TQ is another 5 win season.

Correct. I just meant that it's a shame they didn't get any experience this year. In a 5 win season, you'd hope at least your young players get some time.

This bums me out. I saw Jay as one of the best athletes on the team. Similar to JT in being able to embarrass people in space.

He really should think about going somewhere to be a safety or corner - unless he transfers to KSU to be QB

Given that he has been with us two years, I wonder if he wants to sit another year to play two. He may be interested in transferring to a school where he can play next year. Whatever direction he takes, I wish him well. He must not have wanted to play DB, because we are going to have some room for DB's on the two deep next season.

He won't succeed at any level if he continues to drop the ball, make bad reads, & not be a team player.

This bums me out. I saw Jay as one of the best athletes on the team. Similar to JT in being able to embarrass people in space.
Marshall is very good in space as well, and much better between the tackles than JT was. We need someone that can pass accurately and run the option efficiently. in addition to the obvious running QB requirements. Jones did not appear to be either of those things.

Back