I have heard different opinions......

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
on who our starting QB would be next year, but what do you guys think of the potential of having Ball and Carter on the field at the same time for some plays or a series or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif. This would deffinately make opposing d coordinators spend a few extra hours contemplating their gameplan. And it seems ( while it may require more practice time than it is worth) that both these guys could perform well at qb and wr.

I really don't know much about PC, considering he didn't play last year, but RB is definitely an athlete. He's pretty small, but he might be able to take a few plays at WR. It seems to be the general opinion that PC is a quarterback, and Ball is an athlete trying to be a quarterback. Your idea is interesting, but I wouldn't expect to see it happen. It should be an interesting QB race this preseason though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/boom.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

PC(imho) throws a better ball and has a stronger arm than Reggie. He is 6'3 and has very good speed too. He'll push Reggie to get better or if he passes him Gailey will play him.

Reggie was quite eratic with his passes at points last year. Missed quite a few open recievers.

I think Reggie will.....

I think Reggie will QB every significant down next year just like this year.

I was disappointed with his play as well HOWEVER I think that many of those problems will be solved next year.

1. Biggest problem was a limited playbook. Other teams (especially during 2nd half of the year) were able to key on certain formations that made it difficult for us to have decent production offensively

---I think spring practice will add a MUCH bigger playbook with probable shot gun package which will be VERY helpful

2. I also think that Reggie just burned out. He was under SO much pressure that towards the end he was PLAYING NOT LOSE instead of playing to win. I also think that the coaches really encouraged him NOT TO TAKE CHANCES.

---I expect the coaches to take the reigns off a bit and that should lead to more big plays.

3. This point is pure speculation but I think Reggie may have been depending on Freddy too much. I know that Freddie was the "playmaker" however when you limit your WR options (by "looking" for a certain player) you can really hurt you productivity

---I think our WR's, TE's, and RB's will factor more into the passing game which should help the offense

I think that the coaches have a lot of confidence in Reggie and i think he will be tough to beat out of playing time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Back