High School State Championships

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Do we have any commits that we can watch this weekend?...or prospects with any realistic potential to commit?

Will TQ be there rooting for some team other than the Jackets? Maybe he can pick up some throwing mechanics whilst watching.

Will TQ be there rooting for some team other than the Jackets? Maybe he can pick up some throwing mechanics whilst watching.
I'm not big on reviewing calls, but the officials absolutely changed the winner on the Calhoun/Peach game. Somebody is going to be really embarrassed when they see the play again. They took a TD away from Peach, ruling incomplete after a receiver took 3 or 4 steps.

I'm not big on reviewing calls, but the officials absolutely changed the winner on the Calhoun/Peach game. Somebody is going to be really embarrassed when they see the play again. They took a TD away from Peach, ruling incomplete after a receiver took 3 or 4 steps.
True, but they should have never had a chance to run that play...was definitely grounding on 3rd down. Should have been penalty and loss of down. On the series before that, Peach player fumbled and Calhoun recovered, and refs called him down....clear fumble.

Live, it looked like the receiver stepped out of bounds and never reestablished in bounds before catching the pass. The replays never showed the player stepping out, but there were only a couple of angles on replay. Also,the referee could be seen throwing something to mark the player out of bounds. That would be the only reason for the incomplete pass. I'm not sure about the GHSA rules concerning this situation. Tough way to lose it, but it was a heck of a game.

Just saw the replay on TV. Terrible call. Calhoun always seems to get the breaks.

Live, it looked like the receiver stepped out of bounds and never reestablished in bounds before catching the pass. The replays never showed the player stepping out, but there were only a couple of angles on replay. Also,the referee could be seen throwing something to mark the player out of bounds. That would be the only reason for the incomplete pass. I'm not sure about the GHSA rules concerning this situation. Tough way to lose it, but it was a heck of a game.

If the receiver intentionally steps out of bounds, he can't come back in and touch the ball - that's illegal participation. If he's blocked out, there's no foul, but he has to re-enter as soon as possible. Whether he did or not would have no bearing on whether it's a catch or not.

I think it was just a tough call in real time - usually when you see a receiver go to the ground and the ball pop out, it's incomplete. That one was complete. Whether you can see that in real time from behind the receiver is another story.

Back