Here's to hoping the new Mercedes-Benz dome is not ready by Labor Day...

GT vs. Tennessee game played at Bobby Dodd?

• yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • no

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
Adams is somewhere by Tucker, maybe not exactly Tucker but somewhere over there by Clairmont and 78...its where the Atlanta Beat used to play their games

Edit: so my memory was a bit off, but sorta same area

2415 North Druid Hills Road; Atlanta, Georgia 30329 ... Adams Stadium

...so the GT vs. Tennessee game must be played at Bobby Dodd. Who's with me?

I think your assumption that it would be played, in this scenario, at GF is incorrect.

Also, did not know if Adams was still in existence by the old Briarcliff HS. A stadium where, in 1964, some nefarious students went to the top row and with a Giant Ass wrench loosened bolts on one of the light poles and the light fixture fell to earth. Their identities still unknown as far as I know.

Briarcliff were well known losers in the athletic arena. (Chuck Dowdle was a star in basketball there. Enough said.)

They had 4 stars ever. Their wrestling teams were unreal.

Bobby Stokes went to the U as a punter. The U's new HC, a former Dodd asst named Charlie Tate, had remembered him from the ATL.

The only other 2 of note, Elliot Price & Randy Campbell, went on to become GT football players.

The Briarcliff HS coach did not have the same success as he had in Gainesville. Course in Gainesville they had these 2 guys named Lothridge and Martin.

Sorry, waxing nostalgic.

Last edited:
I think your assumption that it would be played, in this scenario, at GF is incorrect.

Also, did not know if Adams was still in existence by the old Briarcliff HS. A stadium where, in 1964, some nefarious students went to the top row and with a Giant Ass wrench loosened bolts on one of the light poles and the light fixture fell to earth. Their identities still unknown as far as I know.

Briarcliff were well known losers in the athletic arena. (Chuck Dowdle was a star in basketball there. Enough said.)

They had 4 stars ever. Their wrestling teams were unreal.

Bobby Stokes went to the U as a punter. The U's new HC, a former Dodd asst named Charlie Tate, had remembered him from the ATL.

The only other 2 of note, Elliot Price & Randy Campbell, went on to become GT football players.

The Briarcliff HS coach did not have the same success as he had in Gainesville. Course in Gainesville they had these 2 guys named Lothridge and Martin.

Sorry, waxing nostalgic.

In addition, there is a guy (presumably a big donor) who sits at CPJ's regular poker table and can also be seen at BB games a few seats away from CPJ on the front row who graduated from Briarcliff HS.

Back