GT's Strength Coach Ciano may be a great hire

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
GT\'s Strength Coach Ciano may be a great hire

I gotta admit that I truly agree with his totally new concept on Summer training. This is radical & could be magic for the upcoming season. The players seem to like it much more than last yr. Here's the piece:

Coach Ciano's new training approach

PS: The Macon Telegraph does another super-good job of putting together a fine Ga Tech article!

Re: GT\'s Strength Coach Ciano may be a great hire

I would pay to read the Macon Telegraph's Tech coverage (I shouldn't give them any ideas!).

Thank you Brian Murphy (and Joe Person before you).

Re: GT\'s Strength Coach Ciano may be a great hire

The Macon Telegraph is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the piece of crap reporting you get in the AJC.

HEAD AND SHOULDERS, I tell you!!

My first thought on hearing that the players "like" the new workout program was that this was not good news, I must admit. Sometimes that's a sign that there has been some slackening. But in theory, I do like the approach.

I think we can all admit that strength and conditioning 2 years ago came under fire, as we watched Tech getting pushed all over the place, culminating in the mockery known as "51-7." But whatever happened between 2 years ago and last year seems to have worked, because Tech was physically dominant on the field, even against Georgia. You can see that by the yardage gained versus Georgia. We lost to Georgia because of turnovers. They did not push us around. We pushed them around.

But I do like the way this new program is being run. If it gives us an advantage in terms of being able to sustain long drives, then great. Long drives of small yardage plays seems to be what Gailey strives for, versus the opposite technique of Tommy Bowden, where you go for the bomb on every other play, and either make it or turn it over quickly and hope for another chance.

Back