GT adds a preferred w-o WR

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Tyler Davis from Duluth, Ga sure has caught a lot of passes the last 2 yrs. Could develope in 2-3 yrs if he sticks with it.
By the way, I do like what Coach G has done with the walk-on program last yr & this. Several Atl area, & a few out-of-staters, have gotten a chance for a look-see. This program does as much to please HS Head Coaches as an outright scholarship. It gives their youngsters, who were passed over for a div1a 'ship, a 'chance' to see if they can hack it on a major conference team. Not many contribute, but Tech's had some recent major surprises with Smidgall, Heller & Daniels.
These young-ones are helped with various 'ships & incentives to maintain academic & athletic pace toward a degree.
Hopefully, Gailey can eventually lure a Smidgall, Heller or Daniels of his own to help the Yellow Jackets.

GT adds WR

Thanks, Hivered!

Way to dig for some real good info. Wonder what kept him from a div1a scholarship? Must be speed. He sure has the catching credentials.

Re: Thanks, Hivered!

[ QUOTE ]
Way to dig for some real good info. Wonder what kept him from a div1a scholarship? Must be speed. He sure has the catching credentials.

[/ QUOTE ]

besides speed...he looks a little bit slight in build...maybe that hurt him? Having not seen him play I do not know his fundamentals...how he catches the ball (fingers, hands, arms, body, etc.)...what type of separation he has.

I am glad to have him on board...you never know...as we have seen from Will Heller (NFL), David Schmidgall, Nick Ferguson (NFL...was a walk-on from a small college), others, etc.

I am ready for the opener today!

Re: Thanks, Hivered!

Good luck to him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Back