George O'Leary

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I was sure the color settings on my TV needed adjusting one year when we played Maryland - The red needed turning down - it was showing up on the field but NO! it was just George's face putting off a red haze when Joe Burns ran out of bounds at the end of the game.

JelloJacket

Dodd-Like
I was sure the color settings on my TV needed adjusting one year when we played Maryland - The red needed turning down - it was showing up on the field but NO! it was just George's face putting off a red haze when Joe Burns ran out of bounds at the end of the game.
I didn't need that memory resurfacing.

The Jacket

The Coat
no pls

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I really don't get the fake master's degree from a fake university. It's so easy to check and a completely unnecessary qualification for the job.

Describing 3 years on a practice squad as earning 3 letters, I get. It's a stretch of the truth. But the fake master's degree is a pure fabrication.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
I really don't get the fake master's degree from a fake university. It's so easy to check and a completely unnecessary qualification for the job.

Describing 3 years on a practice squad as earning 3 letters, I get. It's a stretch of the truth. But the fake master's degree is a pure fabrication.
Maybe he put it on a prior application, so he felt like he couldn't suddenly remove it without it being suspicious?

GBurdell

One for each tiddy

like taking a SJW class for credits unnecessary?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Maybe he put it on a prior application, so he felt like he couldn't suddenly remove it without it being suspicious?
When in his coaching career did someone say "You know George, I'd like to hire you but I can't until you earn an MA in teaching"?

18in32

Petard Hoister
When in his coaching career did someone say "You know George, I'd like to hire you but I can't until you earn an MA in teaching"?
Obviously it wasn't relevant when he was hired as a HC at GT (or at ND), but I don't think you're familiar with his (actual) bio. He coached HS football in NY for over a decade before becoming a DL coach at Syracuse. When you don't have a long track record of well-publicized success, of course you're looking for anything to distinguish yourself from others. A master's degree is a pretty common way of trying to do that.