FSU Class

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been pretty hard on UGA in the past (and will continue to be), but I just got some interesting news from my Clemson friends.

Apparently Ariese Curry (CU WR) was at a track meet at FSU and a couple of FSU players beat him up pretty bad. Broken teeth, and worse.

Ariese is in the hospital and the 2 FSU players are in jail.

All because CU beat FSU last year. What gracious losers they are.

I'm just glad to know it's ok. I can't wait to beat up Ted Roof when he comes to town for the holidays with his parents. I might need some help though. Don't think I can take him by myself.

I can't believe Dennis Davis didn't pile on while Ariese was down at the track meet. They beat us also, and apparently, that's what you're supposed to do in Florida. Dennis must have been too smart - or something like that.

I'm sure Ariese talked plenty of trash to get it started, so maybe he asked for a little retribution, but not what he got.

Those guys at FSU - and at any program - are repeatedly told what are the far reaching consequences for the program and themselves when they get in trouble. They know exactly what they are doing when they start trouble. What a bunch of punks.

Who does something like this? God knows we all have wanted to do something like this at one point or another (usually a SFKAUGA fan), but don't you normally get a little voice in your head saying "Wow, this is going to really screw up things if I go through with this".

Hopefully the schools involved will do the right thing and expell (or at least suspend) the responsible ones and cut off any money they're providing, once all the legal issues get worked out and we know who's at fault that is.

Here's a quote from the article:

"Florida State track coach Bob Braman said Seminoles triple jumper Willie Johnson was assaulted by a Clemson athlete before Currie's attack.

Braman wouldn't name the athlete, except to say it was not Currie."

In other words, Braman has been here before and knows how to play the game. In other words, FSU has so much of this type problem that even the track coach knows the drill.

In other words, "Hey Clemson - We have dirt on one of your guys too, and if you drop the charges against our guys, we'll keep what we know secret - as reciprocation."

Let's drop the whole thing. Let's let our guy off for HITTING YOUR GUY WITH A BOTTLE, in return for us not smearing the name of your guy and your school, because your guy TALKED TRASH or maybe THREW A PUNCH. The two crimes are not on the same level.

Somehow, some way, not a damn thing is going to happen to a guy that assulted another person with a bottle. A fist fight is one thing, but hitting another person with a bottle is the act of a criminal.

I have a fraternity brother who was paralyzed on one side of his body for about 3 months because he was hit in the head with a bottle. It's not like in the movies where the guy just falls down and everything is ok afterwards.

How can someone not know what the results would be - or worse - how could someone do that when they know the results - or worse - after repeated attempts to educate this athlete on the consequences of dragging the university into every single problem that the individual may have - the kid still did it.

Every kid at every school - especially the high profile ones - are daily reminded of how their reputation impacts the reputation of those that pay the bill for their education. These kids absolutely knew the difference and the consequences. Every one of them.

I have seen (in person) Matt Stinchcomb and Antonio Langham - each in seperate events - WALK AWAY from trash talking idiots - because both knew it would be more than Joe-Blow throwing a punch. Both times the other guy was in the wrong, both times the athletes could have destroyed the other guy, and both times they did the right thing because they weren't stupid.

Maybe the rest have a leg to stand on - we all lose our temper - esepcially at that age - but I would run bottle-boy out of town if I were FSU. And I'd put him in jail before I did it. The best thing FSU could do, would be to turn their back on that guy and feed him to the wolves.

Peter Warrick and Lavernious Coles did a bad thing but this is on another level. It takes a really bad guy to be so malicious that he would hit another man with a bottle.

Good post Techfowl. It is a sad state of affairs that young people cannot learn to control their emotions. It does reflect poorly on their parents, schools and team mates when incidents like this one occur. Florida State has become a school for thugs. No wonder the running joke in my neck of the woods is that FSU is St. Bobby's Home for Wayward Boys. Under no circumstances would I permit my daughter to go to that place. Does anyone at Clemson intend to press charges? As you said hitting someone with a bottle is a criminal act. On the other hand what else would you expect from the "Criminoles"?

Back