Fire #GenericSpecialTeamsCoach

Nope. Should have been calling on this for ages.

I don't know why we are SO bad, but we are

Fair catching inside the five. Do we really have to coach why that is a bad idea?

Fair catching inside the five. Do we really have to coach why that is a bad idea?

I think Stewart may have made a mental mistake on that one....I can't really blame the coaches there. God, at least I hope not!

Special teams still special and chasing points early in the 3rd was dumb. Thankfully, it didn't matter.

Still, we should have a Butker all the time. Kicking game shouldn't be a öööö show.

I think Stewart may have made a mental mistake on that one....I can't really blame the coaches there. God, at least I hope not!
Right before that play started Stewart was waving frantically to the sidelines for direction on what to do/where to expect the punt to be right up until they snapped it and it seemed like he gave up on sideline direction and just decided that fair catch was the safe thing to do.

Stewart has been rather consistently good on st. Hard to call a fluke a symptom of coaching. Then again, some people are simply leaking salt from their butts, so what do I know?
He hasn't fumbled a punt return, and that's the most important thing by far. That said, he is pretty timid on returns some times. He's fair caught a lot of balls that I thought he might want to return.

He hasn't fumbled a punt return, and that's the most important thing by far. That said, he is pretty timid on returns some times. He's fair caught a lot of balls that I thought he might want to return.
Fair enough. If memory serves, our blocks on st haven't been great. I'm hesitant to fault him for too many fair catches.

He’s dinged up now too. I’d give him some slack. Thankfully it didn’t cost us the game.

Johnson has said before that the punt returners are coached to keep their feet at the 10 and not go any further back. Stewart must've lost track of where he was.

Gailey had bad special teams too,until he put starters on the unit. We need to do the same.

Gailey had bad special teams too,until he put starters on the unit. We need to do the same.
This. We simply don’t have the outstanding talent depth to play a bunch of non- starters on our kick coverage team. There is a massive drop off.

Stewart was helped off the field on the previous punt. He probably just made a mental error on the next one.

He was looking over to the sideline trying to get instructions before the punt on whether to fair catch or try to return. Defense was lined up playing for a potential fake. He just looked a little out of sorts. He knew he messed up when he did it.....but hurt us nonetheless. That drive had little hope out of the shadow of our own end zone.

The punt however, was awesome! If the WF guy didn't make an over the shoulder catch then it could have gone from end zone to end zone. Had 65 yards of carry I bet.

Kicker... not so much
What if we didn't have Brenton King though? The #3 kicker can't even hit a PAT...

I think the solution is to recruit more kickers. But we really need OL, DL, and LBs too.

Back