FBS FB Graduation Rate past eight years

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
IMG_1420.jpeg

UGA only had a 41% Graduation Success Rate, which is the lowest in the entire Country.

If a Program recruits players with the expectation they’ll never graduate, it may be easier to fill a roster with top talent, but not good for the kids over the course of their entire lives.

If players found it difficult to graduate from Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, or Stanford it would be one thing; but can't graduate from UGA? Let that sink in.

While I certainly believe that UGAg is far below everyone else, I don't believe some of the higher numbers either. Clemson for example: Their football graduation success is 99%? The only way that is possible is if that number does not include transfers out or guys entering the NFL draft early. 99% success rate over 8 years, say a 25 man class each year = 200 players and 198 of those graduated? I'm not buying it. Maybe those numbers don't include transfers/NFL draft guys, but IIRC APR does include those.

UGA only had a 41% Graduation Success Rate, which is the lowest in the entire Country.

If a Program recruits players with the expectation they’ll never graduate, it may be easier to fill a roster with top talent, but not good for the kids over the course of their entire lives.
Programs dont care about kids over their course of their lives. Its about winning. Money. And tv contracts. No one cares about the kid who cant read that is only in college because he can run pass and catch, then is gone after 3 years or in the portal.

its not collegiate athletics anymore. And it has not been and eroding so for 2 decades.

90 percent of administrators are fake politicians. They could care a less. And some of these numbers are doctored and not even close to reality. Schools self report

While I certainly believe that UGAg is far below everyone else, I don't believe some of the higher numbers either. Clemson for example: Their football graduation success is 99%? The only way that is possible is if that number does not include transfers out or guys entering the NFL draft early. 99% success rate over 8 years, say a 25 man class each year = 200 players and 198 of those graduated? I'm not buying it. Maybe those numbers don't include transfers/NFL draft guys, but IIRC APR does include those.

For some reason Felch started a new thread, we’ve already been discussing this for several weeks here:

There’s an AJC article linked in there with more details.

Also, there’s a tweet that says if a player transfers out in good standing they aren’t counted against the school. I assume the same applies for leaving early for draft.

The fine print also mentions that this rating only applies for the 2016 “cohort”. Not sure it that means it is only for a single incoming class but it seems like it. Would explain some of the highs there I guess.

If players found it difficult to graduate from Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, or Stanford it would be one thing; but can't graduate from UGA? Let that sink in.
Hate speech! Stop shaming these student-athletes! Basketweaving and underwater fire prevention are tough bidness.

Sorry the print is small.
It reads "I don't know quite how to tell you this, Coach, but since the conference made going to class compulsory I've become intrigued. Frankly, football is interfering with my education".

Most uga players probably wouldn't know what compulsory means.

I posted this chart on FB in a current conversation I saw about how great the mutts are, and I pointed out that UGAg had the lowest rate in the country. Soon after posting it, a stupid mutt bitch began arguing with me about it, and she actually had the gall to say, "Yes, I believe that WINNING IS EVERYTHING." WOW. I mean, we all know that's what they think, but I can't believe that someone would actually say it out loud of post it online. I told her that SHE was part of the problem, and that it is destroying college athletics.

I posted this chart on FB in a current conversation I saw about how great the mutts are, and I pointed out that UGAg had the lowest rate in the country. Soon after posting it, a stupid mutt bitch began arguing with me about it, and she actually had the gall to say, "Yes, I believe that WINNING IS EVERYTHING." WOW. I mean, we all know that's what they think, but I can't believe that someone would actually say it out loud of post it online. I told her that SHE was part of the problem, and that it is destroying college athletics.

Dude, I'd say the person trying to make a point to an idiot on FB is the stupid one. :biggrin:

Dude, I'd say the person trying to make a point to an idiot on FB is the stupid one. :biggrin:
I started it by responding to a actual friend bragging about Georgia, and he didn't like me posting it, but he didn't argue with me. The bitch stuck her nose into an otherwise friendly conversation. Besides, I never back off an argument, even if it is unwinnable.

Back