facts about next years football opponent UConn...

Re: we averaged over 50K and I think we were 4th or

Thanks law, that's what I thought happened. So even if people don't buy tickets for UConn or Samford it really doesn't matter, most of the seats will already be sold. And if you pass up your season tickets because those two teams are on the schedule I don't have much use for you personally. My dad has purchased Duke season tickets every year since 1969. He's never once worried about who they play. It's kind of sad really, but he's also a real fan.

Re: Weren\'t we kinda

[ QUOTE ]
Southern Miss did not want money. They wanted a home and home and we said no.

[/ QUOTE ]

That stinks then! Would have given me a local venue to watch the Jackets live

Re: Weren\'t we kinda

Read by new subject (Bowl chances?) You all seem to be forgeting that Samford(1-AA) does not count towards a bowl game thus making the Jackets Bowl season only 10 games (not 11). It is pointless to play them and will only lower the probability that the Jackets make a bowl. Why not have scheduled a cupcake (1-A) team like Vandy, UAB, Central Florida (of which lately we do recruit against) that will still count toward a bowl.

Samford would count

A 1AA game can count towards the 'bowl eligible' record no more than once in a 4 year span. GT hasn't used that one yet, so a W against Samford will count towards bowl eligibility.

Wonder how everyone would define a real fan

Someone who attends 2 or 3 games in 3 to 4 years, or someone who has only missed 3 home games since 68? Would be interesting to see. I would think GTAA would rather have the later, but guess my ideas do not fit into the new paradigm of a GT fan.

What are your ideas again tex?

I sure hope they are not that we be the only team in the ACC (cept maybe FSU) to play more than one tough OOC opponent.

Playing two pansies is part of life in the Bigs. This is not 1969 when the ACC was a bunch of BB schools. We have to schedule like the SEC.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Back