Excellent GT preview from College Football News

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Very well done & enjoyable reading. A few blurbs, but u can tell what they're trying to say. Don't use the O & D breakdowns at the top of the page, as they're from '03, but use the O & D breakdown/analysis at the bottom of the page.
Good articles all around. The incoming recruits have some ?, but if Morrison, Manley, Gause & the OL develope in a coupla yrs this will be a very good class. We still need a class that's better. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did;

Ga Tech preview from CFN

Click on the O & D break downs, but in the address window change the 2003 to 2004 and the article is there. It's just a screw up on the web page.

Re: Excellent GT preview from College Football New

[ QUOTE ]
Reggie Ball is a hit-or-miss quarterback who doesn't necessarily have the arm or legs to beat you with

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading that little part about Reggie's speed, I'm debating whether or not to keep reading.

Don't get your criticism, did you miss the rest of the sentence?

[ QUOTE ]
Reggie Ball is a hit-or-miss quarterback who doesn't necessarily have the arm or legs to beat you with, but he has the combination of skills and an immeasurable magical spark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reggie's speed isn't all that, although I think he's a little faster than JoeHam. But as they say in the article he's fast enough to buy time and run when he has to.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Reggie Ball is a hit-or-miss quarterback who doesn't necessarily have the arm or legs to beat you with, but he has the combination of skills and an immeasurable magical spark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reggie's speed isn't all that, although I think he's a little faster than JoeHam. But as they say in the article he's fast enough to buy time and run when he has to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I read it, but I don't see how Reggie's speed isn't all that. The guy is very fast.

Reggie has good speed but he's no Michael Vick. He's not going to outrun FSU or anything but he's fast enough to make his running dangerous. According to the recruiting database he ran a 4.46 in HS. Don't know how accurate that is, those times are often wrong, but if he's around 4.5 he's got goog speed.

Deion Sanders ran a 4.19 in a track event, but 'only' a best of 4.29 at the NFL combines.

Other players have acheived the 4.2 he couldn't in past combines; and Daryl (Green?) outran him about 3 times in winning the Fastest Man in the NFL contest.

It's game speed vs. straight ahead 40 speed.

Reggie has 4.46 which is pretty fast, but not explosive in the 40.

Deion is simply the fastest man I have EVER seen in person on a football or baseball field. Period. Game speed is different than 40 time and Deion had that in a way that was incredible.

Reggie has decent 40 times but huge game speed in relation. He's no Michael Vick, but he's a TON faster on the field than a lot of guys with a better 40 time. He may get caught on a 50 yard run by those guys, but he will beat most of them around the corner a ton also.

I'd say he WILL outrun FSU - and UGA. Maybe not in the 40, but he sure gave them fits last year. When Odell Thurmon says Reggie had to be planned around and accounted for the entire time he was in the game, that says something.

Odell gives nobody props - and he said the UGA defense had to account for two things during the first half of last year's game - the GT offense AND Reggie Ball. UGA doesn't see a game changer in each offense they face. There is s big difference in accounting for the talents of each offense and changing your defense around one person.

Odell said that as soon as Ball went out, they went back to the defense they played all year. i.e. They specifically accounted for Reggie.

When UGA's defense - who I (begrudgingly) consider one of the best in the country - sees Reggie as the game changer to account for, that's speed enough for me.

But I think that's the point they're trying to make techfowl. Reggie isn't one dimensional. But he also isn't going to beat you with only his running or only his passing. Neither is at that level. But the combination of abilities is why teams have to change their defense to account for him.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I read it, but I don't see how Reggie's speed isn't all that. The guy is very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives a rat's butt about how fast Reggie is.. the question is how well he can play the QB position. This is still up for debate.

I still like the fact that our Coaches

Are still recruiting the QB position agressively..Taylor Bennett coming in this year and we are after one of the Best Next year ( The Boy from Texas)...Reggie may end up being a great QB...But I like the way Chan is never satisified with staying as is...We are Loaded at Running Back BUT we are after M.Wells and several other highly thought of Backs..for next year....Im anxious to see Taylor Bennett and what he can do...Im also anxious to see how much Reggie has improved with his 1st spring under his belt...Im still thinking he will might be a Good One in time....

Back