Evaluation of GT football 2004

RamblinRRL

Varsity Lurker
Offensive line
I believe line play is the key ingredient to our offensive success in 2004... with Wallace/Tidwell-Neal forming a quality leftside T/G combo as good as any in the ACC imho (BTW Kyle was a monster drive blocking for the run in the spring teamed with Andy the leftside is solid)
We need Tuminello to step up at Center as a RS-FR (to be honest I've never liked playing OL this early) Hopefully Kevin will
be equal to the task because keeping Wallace/Tidwell-Neal together is critical imho for pass/run success...
On the rightside teaming with G Brad Honeycutt is new starter T Salih Besiravic (sp?) so I'm not as confident on this side of the ball (but thats mainly because of my great confidence in Andy and Kyle) I'm hoping Brad and Salih continue to improve I was very impressed with their Spring performance and of the OL's as well playing as a complete unit
Depth is a concern w/ huge ??? marks outside of T Kenton Johnson and praying for G Leon Robinson's healthy return the OL coach has a big challenge to develop second unit players in a short time and continuity by playing other RS-FR Matt Rhodes (played well in spring), Eddy Parker (needs to get healthy), Brad Brezina (switched from DL and may help if healthy or walk-on(s)Travis Kelly is the only one I know of any others available?
Could any true FR pull a Nate Dorsey and play immediately?
I admit I see things in a bright shade of gold, but if the OL stays healthy Tech will shock the ACC and the nation this season we have the QB the RBs and WRs with Nate, Levon, Mark and CJ to be very productive on offense

Back