Djay Jones, Kevin Patterson

Originally posted by JoeHamLovechild:
Someone on the hive is saying they have committed. Can anyone confirm?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hope the rumor is true**

These two kids were the catalyst in the dismantling of the Valdosta team. D'Jay caught a long pass down to Valdosta's two yard line to set up Camden's first TD. Patterson ran for two TD's last night as well. Jones was all over the field on defense.

The previous week in the State semi-finals Patterson caught a TD pass as well as ran the ball well and they both play excellent defense.

If this is true and they did in fact commit to Tech I consider this huge because Tech will have garnered two excellent players.

They have not committed. In fact, Patterson does not even have an offer from us!

Patterson is an interesting case. By all accounts he looks great out there but he only gets one star and I think he still has no offers.

Those of you who saw the game, was there any other Div 1 talent on the field and/or did these two stand out from the other players?

I do not want to give too many specifics because it is a Rivals exclusive. It is a great article.

However, Patterson just said today that we have not offered. Vandy and Duke have.

The rumor is false. I talked to both and they did not commit. Patterson does not have an offer, either, and he won't visit without one. Both are going to visit Duke together in January.

Brandon Helwig
JacketsOnline.com

Originally posted by Brandon:
The rumor is false. I talked to both and they did not commit. Patterson does not have an offer, either, and he won't visit without one. Both are going to visit Duke together in January.

Brandon Helwig
JacketsOnline.com
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Brandon...everyone should join Rivals and read yours, and others, updates. It is priced about right at $9.95 per month. I used to blow $200 per year on paper publications with 30-day old data. Of course, local newspapers did not cover as much back then...or other on-line media.

Still...the database and updates are informative.

Originally posted by JoeHamLovechild:
Someone on the hive is saying they have committed. Can anyone confirm?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not true.

"Rumor" was clearly stated along with the quote "I haven't verified it yet."

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Damarius, tell me a little bit about Kevin Patterson...Ive not heard about him....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He is a teammate of Djay Jones. If we could get the two to come, it would be tremendous. They both are extremely athletic. The two went crazy last night in a 21-7 victory over the Valdosta Wildcats.

Profile (Kevin P) http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&cfg=null&c=1&yr=2004&nid=1049251

Back