Compared to last year's Dook game

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Compared to last year\'s Dook game

this game has got to be an improvement.I listened to it for a while by net radio and I swear I thought Wes and Kim were going to sleep.I haven't heard them in yrs but hopefully they are more animated on other games.Of course it was one of the dullest games ever at Grant Field I understand..
The teams are better this yr but I bet it will be another MD type game-tough Def waiting for the breaks.
If Dook scores 2 TDs are we in trouble?

Re: Compared to last year\'s Dook game

I agree with you - this will be a very low-scoring game. Duke's new O under Roof is run, run, and then run some more. Designed to chew the clock, and provide minimum offensive opprotunities for thei opponents.

My guess is that we have around only 9 offensive possesions the entire game.

We will be coming off of another long break (1 game in 27 days), and IMO our offense will be very rusty.

I think this will be a 17-13 type game. Not sure who gets 17 and who gets 13, but the 13 point spread is just insane IMO.

Of course now that I am talking defensive struggle, watch it become a 42-38 offensive shootout
smile.gif

All in one idiots opinion, of course.

Re: Compared to last year\'s Dook game

TIAR,B, the only problem I have with your prediction is Duke rushing the ball.

So far, no team has been able to rush effectively against Tech without softening the Tech defense with effective passing. I don't really think Roof will try to load up on he running game against us.

No team has been able to work that angle against us. Even Auburn with the best stable of running backs in the land could only muster 40 yards against us.

I am sure Tenuta would welcome this kind of attack from Duke.

Father Time

Back