Buck Belue

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
I was listening to 680 last week and Kinkade was in the midst of taking a shot at Tech and Belue flat changed the subject and cut him off.

Kinkade was starting about the guys that kept Belue out of the brodcasting booth for the GT/UGA game and before he could finish the sentence, Belue just started talking about something else all together and they never went back to the subject.

I've got to call a spade a spade. Belue handles himself well and i have yet to hear him take a cheap shot or a real shot at us yet. He gives us hell in jest, but I have yet to hear or see him partake in any unpleasant shots. He has the bully pulpit and it's my opinoin that he uses it wisely.

That guy is the only reason I ever listen to 680. The guy knows his football and has a great radio personality.

I periodically read about so many people that hate the guy ans call him a homer, but I owuld rather have Belue as a homer than Rudolf, who is not one.

I realize I write this at the risk of being lumped with GeeTee, but I think most of you know where I actually stand.

I really think Belue gives us more fair, honest GT discussion than ANY of the other guys, and he is the one with the most reason not to. I think when a guy treats you fairly, but is not on your side, you take care of that assett rather than turn him into what you falsly accuse him of being.

I'd rather listen to that guy than any of those other blind sheep. At least he calls it as he sees it. I would expect him to be against us personally, but I don't see any reason to turn the guy away from us professionally. I think we should boo him in fun, but not in hate. The guy is what a college football fan, commentator, and alumnus should be.

I hate the typical UGA fan more than the next guy, but Belue is far from a typical UGA fan.

Which brings me to the next question. Ryan Stewart, our homer, was in the booth. Why not Belue? I would have enjoyed Ryan and Buck, who both do a wonderful job, in my opinion.

Or was it just one for one, and Matt Stewart was their designated homer to match Ryan?

I guess when Matt runs the show he gets to pick. Maybe Kinkade should take it out on Matt. Matt is a barstool sitting next to Belue. What a waste.

DAWG!! j/k

I'd have to agree with you about Buck. He knows how to handle himself on the radio(unlike CR). And it is the other guys(Kinkade/Max) on 680 that keep me from listening, not Buck.

I just remember him saying we had no class because of the ugagers seat locations at GF. Skeroo him.

Originally posted by texstinger:
I just remember him saying we had no class because of the ugagers seat locations at GF. Skeroo him.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hell, the farthest seat in our stadium is still closer than most of them get to sit at Sanford.

Belue is a homer, but I enjoy his passion for and knowledge of college football. He has been very complimentary of GT players, coaches, and teams at times (usually after we whip UGAg's behinds). He doesn't seem to have much use for GT fans, however.

Kincaid, on the other hand, is absolutely worthless. Maybe he knows something about hockey or lacrosse or something other Yankee activity, but he knows nothing about college football.

quote by mm42:

Kincaid, on the other hand, is absolutely worthless. Maybe he knows something about hockey or lacrosse or something other Yankee activity, but he knows nothing about college football.

Agree 100% on Kincaid. If he knows anything about southern college football, he doesn't show it.

With regard to Belue and Tech, I wonder if he and Kincaid work a "good cop, bad cop" bit.

Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Kincade doesn't spout what Buck feels he can't.

Either way, I'm only going to judge the guy on what I hear. Buck is the only one over there that knows anything about players and teams outside the SEC. I can respect a guy that is at least good at this job and the guy knows football.

I remember recently listening to Max talk about "David Rivers" at NC State. David Rivers was a 4th string QB for the Falcons this year. We all know who Phillip Rivers is.

I heard those guys talking about "TJ" McClendon...

Buck at least knows ACC ball.

Back