BCS in a downward spiral

Sting4724

Flats Noob
OU and LSU went and messed everything up. I believe no matter what happens this is gonna hurt the BCS's credability. If OU still tastes sugar, the BCS has got to go. NO WAY a team coming of a 35-7 loss to a number 13 (i think) team goes to the national championship over a team coming off a blowout of number 5, especially when both teams have the same number of losses. There's no doubt in my mind that OU is still the best team in the country and just didn't show up tonight, but sorry OU, it doesn't work like that. It needs to be LSU/USC. It was the same thing with USC/OSU. OSU never deserved to jump ahead of USC in the first place. And when nothing games like Hawaii and whoever could have an impact on the BCS bowls due to the effects on the strength of schedules, that is just messed up. NCAA needs something, anything, besides the BCS.

I agree, the BCS is still a joke. Common sense says that OU doesn't belong in the national championship game since they got blown out of the conference championship game in convincing fashion. Strength of schedule says that USC doesn't belong, but they will likely be ranked #1 in the AP and coaches polls. I really can't make a case against LSU. The team they lost to in UF is no slouch either and they've had the most solid season of the three top teams in my opinion.

In the convoluted world that is the BCS, USC's best chance is to simply go to the Rose Bowl, beat Michigan, and hope to be voted #1 by the AP to get a share of the national title. Boise State's win over Hawaii didn't help USC at all and I think the voters of both polls will rank OU #3 because of the way they lost and the time of year when they lost.

BCS got stung bad this year...don't look for a playoff anytime soon, unfortunately.

They could take the top two Bowls and just have a playoff with the top four teams. To add others would be a nightmare. Keep circulating the Bowls like they do now for the National Championship.

Ready for the Jackets to be there!!!

The BCS sucks. Always has and always will.

Just imagine if this BCS deal was used in basketball and instead of having a March madness we just let all the teams play a meaningless game while we let the BCS match up the supposed top two.

It would be seen for the joke that it is; and it is just as big a joke in football.

Or if the BCS chose two teams to play for the championship in baseball instead of having the college world series. It would be seen as a joke.

It really hurts all the bowl games because it renders them all meaningless.

Just imagine what a playoff would do....what if the Miami/FSU winner was going to play he KSU/OSU winner....or the Tenn/Klimpsum winner was going to play the Fla/Iowa winner...etc etc etc.

It would make all these games that hardly anyone gives a darn about and make them all meaningful because the winner would get to play again.

We need a 16 team playoff. Only takes 4 weeks. Could be part of the bowl system.

The BCS is stupid and it just plain sucks and would be ridiculed in any other sport used it and should be ridiculed in football.

Click HERE for the BCS-Sucks.com

Back