Atlantic region Hot 100

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Virginia is doing real well on this list. NCar, Maryland, & Clemson have 1 each. VT & Duke have 2 each.
Ga Tech used to be on a lot of these lists with Ross', O'Leary's & Friedgen's ties all up & down the Atlantic Coast. Not any more. It's rare to be mentioned by any of the top 100, with visits & commits even rarer. I think this is fine as I feel we'll eventually get better players from Ga, Fla, Ala, La & Tex anyway.

Atlantic Hot 100

I think alot of this is academics....

I imagine there are VERY few underclassmen that GT is 100% will have the 930 SAT score necessary. We probably will never be quick out of the gate. The Stanford article talked about the same issues. They made the comment that only 5 out of the top 100 BB players could gain admission.

Would rather have the southern boys since they'd help our recruiting down here and southern players are generally better players. That Boston or New York speak can't do much to lure them in down here.

Weeeell, O\'L actually did pretty good

at luring them in with the NY demeaner. However, this regime in place now has the pieces to be the best since Coach Dodd. This is certainly the most Deep South flavored coaching staff GT has had since Dodd. We ought to be recruiting like a powerhouse now . With the tastes of Gailey, Nix, Geis, Wilson, et al, the big-time recruits should be flocking to Tech.
Brings up a good question; Why has it taken so long for the afore mentioned coaches to get out of the gates & get this GT football machine (mainly recruiting) rolling? As good as O'L is, there's absolutely no way he should be able to outrecruit &/or outcoach Chan Gailey. If Gailey ever gets the HS coaches on his side, Ga Tech should rival Miami in football with the Atl area & state of Ga working in his favor.
I feel Gailey is getting closer. How bout ya'll?

ugag is the strongest.....

ugag is the strongest it has been in the past 20 years right now. O'leary was recruiting against a VERY weak ugag program. Richt's machine is more appealing so they are getting the pick of the litter.

The fact that we got CJ is an awesome accomplishment against this ugag team. In fact every recruit we get over ugag nowadays is major coup. The flunkgate issue and the new academic requirements have come on CG's watch have been some major obstacles. I think CG is climbing that steep hill pretty well.

Re: ugag is the strongest.....

We should have been there, but for the academic problems we faced. One can only imagine what a difference having just Hargrove and Hollings would have made to the team last year. Judging from the articles on Hargrove in the NFL now, he would've been a monster. Especially with Henderson on the opposite side. Also would have put Wilkinson at LB. Hollings could just flat out fly and had a nose for the endzone. We probably would've been looking at 10 wins.

Anyway enough of my: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crybaby.gif

Anyway, I think our players now are going to be very good, especially on the defensive line. We will also have a great trio of RB's in PJ, Woods and Grant - along with a QB that also can run. That is going to be great for in state recruiting.

Re: Weeeell, O\'L actually did pretty good

[ QUOTE ]
at luring them in with the NY demeaner. However, this regime in place now has the pieces to be the best since Coach Dodd. This is certainly the most Deep South flavored coaching staff GT has had since Dodd. We ought to be recruiting like a powerhouse now . With the tastes of Gailey, Nix, Geis, Wilson, et al, the big-time recruits should be flocking to Tech.
Brings up a good question; Why has it taken so long for the afore mentioned coaches to get out of the gates & get this GT football machine (mainly recruiting) rolling? As good as O'L is, there's absolutely no way he should be able to outrecruit &/or outcoach Chan Gailey. If Gailey ever gets the HS coaches on his side, Ga Tech should rival Miami in football with the Atl area & state of Ga working in his favor.
I feel Gailey is getting closer. How bout ya'll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your tongue in cheek jab posts are old. Why don't you try something new for a change. If you don't like Gailey and his recruiting why don;t you just have the balls to come out an say it. It's not like we haven't heard it before. Otherwise spare us these posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Thanks, BoR, for contributing

to the discussion on Atlantic Coast recruiting, and later, on Gailey's improving recruiting. The few times u do decide to add something, you're pretty good. The times you want to be a Board Czar, you're not very good.
I am deeply honored that you follow all my posts so closely & can point out precisely what I've tried & haven't tried. Just knowing I'm getting such undue scrutiny ought to make me, & everyone, a better poster.
No need to thank me for bringing quite a few real interesting articles to Stingtalk for the knowledge of the articles, as well as, some discussion on the board during a slow time. Every once in a while I try to add a train of thought to the discussion, a few of which may be old. That's much better than critisizing very good effort to keep football talk rolling.

Re: Thanks, BoR, for contributing

[ QUOTE ]
to the discussion on Atlantic Coast recruiting, and later, on Gailey's improving recruiting. The few times u do decide to add something, you're pretty good. The times you want to be a Board Czar, you're not very good.
I am deeply honored that you follow all my posts so closely & can point out precisely what I've tried & haven't tried. Just knowing I'm getting such undue scrutiny ought to make me, & everyone, a better poster.
No need to thank me for bringing quite a few real interesting articles to Stingtalk for the knowledge of the articles, as well as, some discussion on the board during a slow time. Every once in a while I try to add a train of thought to the discussion, a few of which may be old. That's much better than critisizing very good effort to keep football talk rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

The articles you post don't really bother me. I actually like reading the info. It's the tongue in cheek diatribe that you add at the end of your posts sometimes that bugs me. You always throw out these little challenges or barbs to the coaching staff all along stating your support for them. It's like your trying to set yourself up for the "I told you so" post later on.

I don't give a rats ass if you don't like the cooaching staff. Many that post here don't. I never really have a problem with those people unless they are constantly negative and therefore non-supportive of the program. But if you don't like them, just say so. The tongue in cheek criticism comes out in a lot of your posts, and you think were not smart enough to see it.

I'm just letting you know that it is readily apparent, so maybe you can save yourself the commentary and just say what is really on your mind.

Sounds like OCT to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif

Let's all not forget...

...everyone's entitled to my opinion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Back