At least we aren't Tennessee

Baffling choice with the names out there. I can only assume they were turned down a bunch.

You can find some solace on volnation if you can get on lol

I wonder if the UT president would step in and nullify this hire (assuming she didn't give the nod initially)? Even if Schiano didn't "know" of the stuff going on at Penn State, not sure I'd want anything associated with it hovering around the university. Seems like this would be used against them in recruiting, too.

Horrible hire, IMHO.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-tennessee-volunteers-about-coaching-vacancy/

The CBS report confirmed Tennessee officials have had discussions with Gruden and claims the Vols are making a big-money move to land their top target.

"Part of securing Gruden for the position would include luring former Volunteers quarterback Tee Martin back to Tennessee to serve as a chief recruiter for Gruden, according to sources, and the deal, if reached, would be worth upwards of $10M per season for Gruden, with another $8M per season reserved for the salaries of his staff. Gruden has resisted the urge to coach in college in the past and some close to him believe he would prefer to land an NFL job if he is to return to coaching, but the Tennessee job has a particular allure to him, according to some close to Gruden, and his wife was a former cheerleader at the school."

I really hope UT can finally hire Gruden
So we don’t have to hear him on MNF for three years before he gets fires

I wonder if the UT president would step in and nullify this hire (assuming she didn't give the nod initially)? Even if Schiano didn't "know" of the stuff going on at Penn State, not sure I'd want anything associated with it hovering around the university. Seems like this would be used against them in recruiting, too.

Horrible hire, IMHO.
He was terrible in Tampa. I can't imagine how a Jersey transplant will work in Knoxville.

I don't know anything about Schiano, but his coaching record looks pretty good to me on paper. Tennessee fans are dumb so it's probably a good hire.

Most delusional fan base in the NCAA.

There are very few reasons they should be good.

Accept it. You are what you are.

Back