ACC ACC ACC!

Yellow Pantaloons

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-power-five-conferences-coaches-200313931.html

1. ACC

Average tenure of ACC coaches: 5.15 years
Longest tenured coach: Dabo Swinney, Clemson; Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech; David Cutcliffe, Duke (10 years)
New coaches entering 2017: N/A
Coaches with a national title: Swinney; Jimbo Fisher, Florida State"
Average tenure of ACC coaches: 5.15 years
Longest tenured coach: Dabo Swinney, Clemson; Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech; David Cutcliffe, Duke (10 years)
New coaches entering 2017: N/A
Coaches with a national title: Swinney; Jimbo Fisher, Florida State

A big reason the ACC gets the top spot in our rankings is that it’s the only conference with two national title winning coaches. And Fisher’s Seminoles are well-positioned to help him join Meyer and Saban as the only active coaches with multiple national championships.

After winning the 2016 title, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney enters his 10th season at the school. That’s tied for the longest of any ACC coach along with Johnson and Cutcliffe, who have brought their respective programs out of moribound situations.

Cutcliffe’s 10-4 Duke team in 2013 was the first double-digit season in Duke history and the first time the program had won at least eight games in 29 years. While injuries led to a 4-8 season for Duke in 2016, the preceding three seasons was the best three-year stretch in program history.

Johnson recorded 11-win seasons in 2009 and 2014. The 2009 season was the first 10+ win season for the Yellow Jackets since 1998. Yeah, 2015 was bad (3-9), but Georgia Tech responded with a 9-4 campaign in 2016.

The ACC also boasts Mark Richt, who has a 154-55 career record and went 9-4 in his first season at Miami. And Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente won the ACC Coastal in his first season with the school while North Carolina’s Larry Fedora has averaged eight wins a season since he got to Chapel Hill.

It's really not close in terms of coaching. That's the reason the ACC is rising so quick. SEC lost Meyer, Richt, Miles, and Petrino from teams that were winning a ton of games - and replaced all 4 of them with lackluster hires. Two of them ended up in the ACC. It's kind of ridiculous actually that those schools weren't able to hire guys with proven resumes. LSU missed on so many targets they hide to hire a DL coach for christs sake.

I thought Paul and Dabo had longer between hirings... Dabo was brought on in '08 and Paul in December of '07. Google is a marvelous thing.

I thought Paul and Dabo had longer between hirings... Dabo was brought on in '08 and Paul in December of '07. Google is a marvelous thing.

Was thinking the same thing. Dabo was hired in the middle of 2008 season after they fired Bowden.

Dabo's first game? A 21-17 loss to...Georgia Tech :bigthumbup:

I really don't give a damn about the other schools in our conference. I'm not going to despise Clemson, F$U, VT and Miami all year to turn around and root for them in the bowls.

Back