Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
DrinksWhiskyClear
Damn Good Rat

Default Brandon Reed

Ok, IMO this kid is our best scorer. He can create his own shot... But he is not taking enough. 6 shots in a game is not enough. You can't get warmed up taking 6 öööö shots. I also think he should go back in the starting role and bring Bolden off the Bench with Kam to make our bench more of a scoring threat. Keeps Bolden fresher for going against a worn down D. Especially with his slashing skills he has shown. Just a thought... Agree or disagree?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
05GTCorndog
Dodd-like

Default Re: Brandon Reed

Disagree.

He is very streaky. He has had some games where he has saved us, but he is shooting just 34% on the year. That is justification enough not to give him more shots. I certainly think playing him 10-12 minutes a game is a good idea because when he is on, he can really spark the offense. However, that isn't every night and there are a lot of 0-X shooting nights on his game log.
05GTCorndog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
KG01
Dodd-like

Disagree for the reasons stated by GTCorndog. Reed has looked great at times and awful at others. I don't think he should be relegated to the bench like the UNC game, but he shouldn't be starting over Bolden.

The 10-12 min range seems appropriate unless he's red-hot. Then, just feed-em-and-fan-em.

He's a better defender than So. Poole so bring him in for that too.

Thanks.
KG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
DrinksWhiskyClear
Damn Good Rat

Don't get me wrong, I think Bolden is/will be a Stud, but think about him and Kam coming in fresh off the bench. But i see what you are saying about Reed. Just wish he would slash more like he did in AAU and highschool. He looks like he looks to pass 90% of the time. We just don't have a true scoring 1-2 or 3...Shooters, We have. Pure Scorers, we do not
Thought that is what Reed was but his stats say different
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
DrinksWhiskyClear
Damn Good Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG01 View Post

He's a better defender than So. Poole so bring him in for that too.
True, But I think So. Poole has showed improvement in the man-man D department in the last few games. Still gets caught flat footed a little though
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
cincyjacket
Jolly Good Fellow

I agree Reed should be starting over Bolden. Bolden's got potential, but at this point, he is a liability on both ends of the court. He's a terrible defender and on offense, he's too reluctant to shoot the ball. Supposedly he is a sharpshooter, but if he never pulls the trigger, he is a waste of a spot on the floor. Even when wide open, his tendency is to swing the ball around the perimeter. He's air balled a couple of wide open shots and that seems to be in his head.
cincyjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
AE 87
Dodd-like

I could be wrong, but I've got the impression that Reed has done better coming off the bench. I do think that he's earned his minutes, playing some nice aggressive D, especially.
AE 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
clapper
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWhiskyClear View Post
Ok, IMO this kid is our best scorer. He can create his own shot... But he is not taking enough. 6 shots in a game is not enough. You can't get warmed up taking 6 öööö shots. I also think he should go back in the starting role and bring Bolden off the Bench with Kam to make our bench more of a scoring threat. Keeps Bolden fresher for going against a worn down D. Especially with his slashing skills he has shown. Just a thought... Agree or disagree?
Ummmm...if you think Reed is our best scorer, and he's currently coming off the bench with Kam, how does replacing him in that role make our bench MORE of a scoring threat?
clapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
JacketHawk
Damn Good Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper View Post
Ummmm...if you think Reed is our best scorer, and he's currently coming off the bench with Kam, how does replacing him in that role make our bench MORE of a scoring threat?

I was thinking the exact same thing.
JacketHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
DrinksWhiskyClear
Damn Good Rat

Default Brandon Reed

My point in saying that is bolden has been MORE of a slasher/scorer at this point but Reed has more ability and just needs the minutes to be able to pull the trigger more