Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #61
gt2690b
Dodd-like

Default Re: Coaches/Players you should hate but don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPhi97 View Post
I don't hate Coach K or Beamer - I think most people hate them because they keep kicking people's butts.

My big admission, though, is that I don't hate Dabo Swinney. I mean, I want to.....his name is Dabo for chrissakes. But I ultimately like the fact that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. I think the turning point was when he went on that rant against Spurrier. I was glad he stuck up for his school against his rival. Even though it was the So Car announcer and not Spurrier, he went to the mat for Clemson and I liked it.
Tough to hate a guy u keep beating
gt2690b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #62
lonestarjacket
Dodd-like

I hate very few. I don't hate Coach K even though his whining is annoying. It is also effective and I can't fault him for continuing to do it. That is on the officials to be better and not be influenced.

Don't even hate Richt as he seems to be a good guy dealing with the reality of life at a football factory.

Do hate Saban and used to really admire him when he was at LSU.

Do hate Calipari and Huggins and their type who have unapologetically corrupted college basketball.

Originally Posted by GEETEELEE
A not insignificant percentage of the polarity and animosity in partisan politics is due to inaccurate stereotypes being perpetuated by those who should know better.
lonestarjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #63
andrew
Dodd-like

Question -- why does everyone say we're supposed to hate Dabo? I've always seen the Clemson rivalry as a "friendly" rivalry. The fanbases are both friendly, we both hate U[sic]GA, and we're in opposite divisions. I'd be willing to bet the majority of Tech fans don't hate Clemson or Clemson's coach.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #64
samsgt02
Helluva Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Question -- why does everyone say we're supposed to hate Dabo? I've always seen the Clemson rivalry as a "friendly" rivalry. The fanbases are both friendly, we both hate U[sic]GA, and we're in opposite divisions. I'd be willing to bet the majority of Tech fans don't hate Clemson or Clemson's coach.
I don't hate Clemson, either, and we do share the bond of hating UGA.
samsgt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #65
ThisIsAtlanta
Dodd-like

Quote:
Some of us are closet SEC fans who want every game to be a rivalry and every rivalry to be heated.

I'll bet Clemson hates us though, for constantly ruining their seasons, especially lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajacket View Post
I think GT is no longer a football team and is now surrealist performance art.
ThisIsAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #66
05GTCorndog
Dodd-like

Quote:
Screw Clemson and all of their fans. They play nice to us because we constantly ---- up their seasons. They have nothing to say to us right now, but they rank up there with TAMU and ND as teams with a misplaced sense of importance. They haven't done ---- in forever and they finally win their conference for the first time in decades and then swiftly get sodomized in the Orange Bowl by a mediocre team that could've, had they wanted to, scored 100 points on them. Let Clemson beat us 4 of 5 and see how inflated those purple pant wearing bitches' egos get. They are meaningless on the grand scheme of things. The rock is stupid. The hill is stupid. Their 45 minute pregame ceremony is over the top stupid. Their coach is half Will Ferrell's SNL cheerleader character and half Warren from Something About Mary. Their uniform colors are ridiculous and they try to get cute with their purple uniforms like a 3rd rate, bootleg Oregon team. You know, like Oregon, minus all of the money, winning, and national relevancy. F*** Clemson.

If you like Clemson, refocus and dial up some hatred to get your **** mind rite.
The path of the student athlete is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of greedy men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and easy ebay money, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and sign too many autographs. And you will know my name is the NCAA when I lay ineligibility upon thee.
05GTCorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #67
TechFan85
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTCorndog View Post
Screw Clemson and all of their fans. They play nice to us because we constantly ---- up their seasons. They have nothing to say to us right now, but they rank up there with TAMU and ND as teams with a misplaced sense of importance. They haven't done ---- in forever and they finally win their conference for the first time in decades and then swiftly get sodomized in the Orange Bowl by a mediocre team that could've, had they wanted to, scored 100 points on them. Let Clemson beat us 4 of 5 and see how inflated those purple pant wearing bitches' egos get. They are meaningless on the grand scheme of things. The rock is stupid. The hill is stupid. Their 45 minute pregame ceremony is over the top stupid. Their coach is half Will Ferrell's SNL cheerleader character and half Warren from Something About Mary. Their uniform colors are ridiculous and they try to get cute with their purple uniforms like a 3rd rate, bootleg Oregon team. You know, like Oregon, minus all of the money, winning, and national relevancy. F*** Clemson.

If you like Clemson, refocus and dial up some hatred to get your **** mind rite.
+1. Those bastards come out of the wood work when we lose to them and act like ass clowns.
TechFan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
QuadF
Dodd-like

Quote:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan85 View Post
I once heard a recruits cousins brother say that PJ left an upper decker at their house, take it for what its worth.
QuadF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #69
THWUGA
Dodd-like

Quote:
+1
THWUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #70
ContactBuzz
Dodd-like

Quote:
I'm guessing you guys are under 35 and don't know/remember ACC football prior to F$U joining.