Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #31
TechRush
Helluva Engineer

Default Re: Talent

Sims leaving early???? drafted???

But I thought the same thing about Stephen Hill so what do I know?
TechRush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #32
GTsapper
Dodd-like

Jemea and Sweeting, TJ, Orwin, Izaan or Sims (it'll be late, but one of these 2). If Uzzi is cleared, he could also be a mid round guy (bc of the knees).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTCorndog View Post
I don't dislike Clemson. I just know I'm more likely to get crabs than lobster at both places.
GTsapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
lonestarjacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionOfSouthland View Post
Recruiting is not our big problem, retention is. We need to find ways to keep our juniors.

There is not much you can do to retain juniors who are first or second round material from leaving early, except recruit players who don't have any shot at all in the NFL.

Other juniors bailing out early is a different matter.

If we have a team with no seniors because all our juniors are getting drafted in the first or second round then I think we could do okay.

Originally Posted by GEETEELEE
A not insignificant percentage of the polarity and animosity in partisan politics is due to inaccurate stereotypes being perpetuated by those who should know better.
lonestarjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #34
HelluvaChemE
Helluva Engineer

I can see Sweeting, Barnes (with a good year), Uzzi (if cleared), Cross getting drafted. They all probably stand a pretty darn good chance.

Others that could get drafted: Attaouchu, Orwin, Young, Jamea Thomas. Could see a team taking a chance on Orwin in a later round, but more likely free agent. Pretty sure Attaouchu is as good as gone unless he has a terrible year. Thomas may be a bit too short to play. All in all, we may be cursing our level of talent next year when we're missing all these guys.
HelluvaChemE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #35
33jacket
Dodd-like

what? you guys are crazy. TJ Barnes would have to have a year like Terrance Cody to get drafted and that ain't going to happen. He won't even be a full time player, is fat, too slow and gets blown off the ball by NCAA lineman. Please I swear what are some of you watching?

Sims. No Way, not after next year and maybe not at all.

The only guys with any NFL potential, are Sweeting, Smith and maybe Cross; and I wouldn't be surprised is Smith goes undrafted because he is a tweener and his position is impossible to translate easily. Cross would need a big year and sweeting has a mid to late round chance. Oh I forgot Uzzi, he has a shot. But gaurds typically go later in the drafts, so I put him in the 4th/5th round too. Our system is punishing for OL projections.
33jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
beej67
Dodd-like

Wait, huh?

Hill went early. CPJ's first big draft year is next year, isn't it?

Even if you had put your semicolon in the right place, your query suggests that the qb_depth_chart object is highly denormalized, or this would return multiple records.
beej67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #37
gt2690b
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33jacket View Post
... Our system is punishing for OL projections.
Sounds like what everyone said 3 years ago about WR's... if you're good you're good.. doesnt f'in matter what "system" you're in.. im so sick of hearing sh!t like this from our own fans.. when's teh last time we had any OL go early??? i dont know of any... has nothing to do with "system"... i think your "system" does not work on message boards.. u should probably not post again
gt2690b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #38
dressedcheeseside
Dodd-like

What about Louis Young?

"Just my :twocents:."
dressedcheeseside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #39
Yukonwreck
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman22 View Post
Don't hold your breath. It WON'T happen no matter who the coach at GT is. Unless academic standards are lowered or we add a bunch of easy majors...no chance. Not worth bitching about.
So, if it is a given that recruiting cannot improve, then the only way to improve would be through improved coaching?
Yukonwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #40
GTLiebs
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33jacket View Post
what? you guys are crazy. TJ Barnes would have to have a year like Terrance Cody to get drafted and that ain't going to happen. He won't even be a full time player, is fat, too slow and gets blown off the ball by NCAA lineman. Please I swear what are some of you watching?

Sims. No Way, not after next year and maybe not at all.

The only guys with any NFL potential, are Sweeting, Smith and maybe Cross; and I wouldn't be surprised is Smith goes undrafted because he is a tweener and his position is impossible to translate easily. Cross would need a big year and sweeting has a mid to late round chance. Oh I forgot Uzzi, he has a shot. But gaurds typically go later in the drafts, so I put him in the 4th/5th round too. Our system is punishing for OL projections.
What about Attouchu? Maybe not going early but has decent draft potential, only thing is he may be a bit shorter than most NFL 3-4 OLB, but I could also be remembering wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Thou shalt runneth the rocket toss.
GTLiebs is online now   Reply With Quote