Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

Default Re: Stephen Hill invited to NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBJW View Post
He is fast but I hope his stock isn't too high. I can see an NFL team regretting drafting him too early.
this comment is silly, who cares what a team thinks? It will be great for Mr. Hill. guaranteed money depends absolutely on draft order

if he gets traded later because he plays for a shitty team that regrets its own decisions, then he will be better off playing for a better team anyway

the Steelers need a replacement for Hines....go get him yins Stillers!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #32
GT1992
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCzar View Post
this comment is silly, who cares what a team thinks? It will be great for Mr. Hill. guaranteed money depends absolutely on draft order

if he gets traded later because he plays for a shitty team that regrets its own decisions, then he will be better off playing for a better team anyway

the Steelers need a replacement for Hines....go get him yins Stillers!
The Steelers don't need a replacement for Hines. He hardly played toward the end of the season. They already have a bevy of young receivers and need someone with experience to help them out. Wallace already gives them the speed guy to stretch the field and the logical replacement for Ward would be a possession receiver that goes across the middle, something that Hill definitely is not.
GT1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

you realize that Wallace is a restricted free agent that has just a few days ago refused to sign the one-year tender they made him? maybe not. its not assured that they will pay ridiculous $ to keep him and match another offer. he could be gone considering their cap restrictions. getting a first round compensation pick would make Hill look very very attractive

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...der-salary-cap
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
jts1207
Dodd-like

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-nfl-offense/

Pretty good look
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
GT1992
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCzar View Post
you realize that Wallace is a restricted free agent that has just a few days ago refused to sign the one-year tender they made him? maybe not. its not assured that they will pay ridiculous $ to keep him and match another offer. he could be gone considering their cap restrictions. getting a first round compensation pick would make Hill look very very attractive

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...der-salary-cap
The tender kicks in the first round draft choice provision and wasn't intended to be signed. It means that most teams at the top of the draft won't sign him. It also means that any offer has to be sane. They actually do have some other good, young receivers and the real need is on the offensive and defensive lines.

That being said, as much as I hope Hill the best, he was not very consistent at catching the ball and I would prefer the Steelers not go there.
GT1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #36
BuzzCzar
Dodd-like

They def need OT and OG in a big way, I'm hoping for some FA experience there, not all draft picks.

I think its hard to be consistent when you only see one or two throws a game, going to a passing O will/would help SH turn that athleticism into consistent performances IMO
Old 04-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #37
05GTCorndog
Dodd-like

I hope the Stillers get Wallace signed. I'm surprised Cincy or even NE hasn't made an offer to get him. Both have 2 1st rounders to work with and would hurt a conference rival significantly while getting a legit #1 WR.
well i did some digging around and according to investopedia butthurt spot price drives the futures price. And butthurt futures are used to hedge against butthurt not expectations like i previously said. But it is done by shorting the futures if you're long in the butthurt index. Which skyrockets the day the kid chooses to go somewhere else.
05GTCorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #38
KG01
Dodd-like

Another positive Hill and GT-related article. This one's from Len Pasquarelli.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...-crick-updates
KG01 is offline   Reply With Quote