Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board  

Go Back   Stingtalk.com - Georgia Tech Sports Message Board > Sports Topics > Football

Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #131
QuadF
Dodd-like

Default Re: Perkins and Days get A-back reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket67 View Post
I never really thought about it, but I think you are correct. I don't know what the stats say, but it seems like we've seen a few losses because we couldn't get a yard on 4th down. Nesbitt and Dwyer could almost always move the chains in those situations.
if I remember, it was more that nesbitt was better at reading the play than tevin. Now, maybe the read was that baybay is always open, I don't know, but that's just how I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan85 View Post
I once heard a recruits cousins brother say that PJ left an upper decker at their house, take it for what its worth.
QuadF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #132
GTLiebs
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Jacket View Post
For those of you taking offense to my Nesbitt comment, he was certainly a better 4th down QB than TW and better at converting short yardage situations where the D is loading the box. So was Dwyer v. Sims. But Nesbitt's passing is significantly worse than TWs.
I always felt that while Washington has shown to be better from a mechanics standpoint, it feels like he messes up more. I mean, there was the Thomas effect but Hill wasn't bad either. Maybe Thomas was that much better than Hill than Washington is better than Nesbitt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Thou shalt runneth the rocket toss.
GTLiebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #133
lonestarjacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadF View Post
if I remember, it was more that nesbitt was better at reading the play than tevin. Now, maybe the read was that baybay is always open, I don't know, but that's just how I remember.
Your memory is gauzy, like watching Cybil Shepherd close-ups in Moonlighting.

He had a strong arm, but he screwed up quite a bit, way more than Tevin. He threw to D.T. Even when he was covered and he just brought many of them down. He did not need to be open, just single covered.

Hill could not fight for possession in those situations most of the time. He was not as strong on the jump balls although he brought in a few.

Originally Posted by GEETEELEE
A not insignificant percentage of the polarity and animosity in partisan politics is due to inaccurate stereotypes being perpetuated by those who should know better.
lonestarjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #134
lonestarjacket
Dodd-like

Double post.

Originally Posted by GEETEELEE
A not insignificant percentage of the polarity and animosity in partisan politics is due to inaccurate stereotypes being perpetuated by those who should know better.
lonestarjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #135
Jacket59
Helluva Engineer

Nesbitt > Tevin, imo, in everything but top end speed. Nesbitt was a better passer. He had a much stronger arm and could lead the team down the field with passing when it was needed. He could complete a pass on 3rd and long. Tevin is a pretty decent passer when we have the element of surprise, but doesn't have the tools to be a good passer when it's one-dimensional. I will say that Tevin has closed that gap a lot with his hard work. His accuracy has improved a LOT and has made him a much better QB. He also has good ball security and good control of the reads.
Jacket59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #136
GruffyMcGuiness
Dodd-like

100% confident with JN in any situation.
100% nervous anytime TW has the ball.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #137
GTEE12'
Damn Good Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness View Post
100% confident with JN in any situation.
100% nervous anytime TW has the ball.

That says it all...
GTEE12' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #138
CPJ= Master Yoda
Helluva Engineer

It's easy to answer the question of Nesbitt vs TW. Just ask yourself if we were playing tomorrow vs VT who would you want under center. That's what I thought.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #139
cyptomcat
PostBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ= Master Yoda View Post
It's easy to answer the question of Nesbitt vs TW. Just ask yourself if we were playing tomorrow vs VT who would you want under center. That's what I thought.
Easy, Tevin. Nesbitt hasn't practiced triple option in a while.
cyptomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #140
Legal Jacket
Dodd-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyd21 View Post
We had the fastest WR in college football last year who had an OK season. That's on Tevin. You think he's gonna get BETTER this year without Stephen Hill? Put in the ---- playmakers.

Tevin will not beat UGA this year. Vad has a better chance and so does Justin Thomas. Our 2008 team (who had ZERO experience running our offense at the beginning of the season and beat UGA) says hi.
He was also a terrible route runner and routinely dropped wide open home runs. That's not on Tevin. If it was as simple as just finding fast WRs we'd shift our track team to football.

What about the 2009 team, that had every playmaker from the 2008 team and faced a uga team that lost both of its playmakers from the year before? How did the playmakers do in that game?
Legal Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote